This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Improvements in the Distributed Heterogeneous Simulation of Aircraft Electric Power Systems
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 07, 2006 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Event: Power Systems Conference
Two recent enhancements to Distributed Heterogeneous Simulation (DHS) are variable communication rates and higher-order predictors. Variable communication automatically controls the communication interval between any two subsystems in an attempt to achieve a desired accuracy during transient periods and maximize speed during steady-state periods. Higher-order predictors can better estimate the values of exchanged variables between data exchange instances, which can improve accuracy and possibly require fewer exchanges. A comparison between a single-computer simulation of an aircraft electric power system and an equivalent three-computer DHS show that the variable communication technique enables more accuracy and higher speed distributed simulations than fixed-step communication. In addition, higher-order predictors are shown to increase accuracy in some cases.
CitationLoop, B., Lucas, C., Walters, E., Hasan, M. et al., "Improvements in the Distributed Heterogeneous Simulation of Aircraft Electric Power Systems," SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-3044, 2006, https://doi.org/10.4271/2006-01-3044.
- Lucas, C. E. Walters, E. A. Jatskevich, J. Wasynczuk, O. Lamm, P. T. “A Distributed Heterogeneous Simulation of a Representative Aircraft Power System” 2002 SAE Power Systems Conference Proceedings October 2002 Coral Spring, Florida
- Lucas, C. E. Walters, E. A. Jatskevich, J. Wasynczuk, O. Lamm, P. T. Neeves, T. E. “Distributed Heterogeneous Simulation of Naval Integrated Power Systems,” American Society of Naval Engineers Electric Machine Technology Symposium Proceedings January 2004 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Lucas, C. E. Walters, E. A. Wasynczuk, O. Lamm, P. T. “Cross-Platform Distributed Heterogeneous Simulation of a MEA Power System,” SPIE Defense and Security Symposium Proceedings March 2005
- Lucas, C. E. Parallel-Rates Integration of Large-Scale Power-Electronic-Based Systems School of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue University 2003
- Graham, S. Wong, I. Chen, W. Lazarevic, A. Cleek, K. Walters, E. Lucas, C. Wasynczuk, O. Lamm, P. “Distributed Simulation,” Aerospace Engineering 24 27 November 2004
- Jatskevich, J. Krause, P. C. Lucas, C. E. Walters, E. A. Wasynczuk, O. “Distributed Heterogeneous Simulation,” Conference on Distributed Heterogeneous Simulation Proceedings February 2001 Naval Surface Warfare Center Philadelphia, Pennsylvania