This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Differences between On Board Diagnostic Systems (EOBD, OBD-II, OBD-BR1 and OBD-BR2)
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 21, 2006 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The Gasoline Engine Management Systems for passenger cars have the OBD-II (On Board Diagnostic) for United States of America market, the EOBD (European On Board Diagnostic) for Europe and OBD-BR1 and OBD-BR2 for Brazil. This paper presents the differences between these four On Board Diagnostic Systems.
CitationGeraldo, G., "Differences between On Board Diagnostic Systems (EOBD, OBD-II, OBD-BR1 and OBD-BR2)," SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-2671, 2006, https://doi.org/10.4271/2006-01-2671.
- European Legislation - 70/220/EEC
- California Air Resources Board website
- On Board Diagnostic for Light and Medium Duty Vehicle Standards Manual - SAE International -2003 Edition
- International Standard - ISO 15031-5
- “Diário Oficial da União - Resolução Nº 354” - Brazilian Regulation December 13 2004