This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simulation and Visualization Environment for Nonlinear Helicopter Flight Dynamics
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published August 30, 2006 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The Analytic 6 D.O.F. dynamic model of a helicopter is developed for 3D computer generated imagery simulator. Analytic expressions for the forces and moments on the various helicopter components are derived. By using the forces and moments equilibrium, helicopter trim point is determined using Newton's method of solving the nonlinear set of trim equations. The equations of motion for the fuselage six degree of freedom are assembled by applying Newton's law of motion relating the applied forces and moments to the resulting translational and rotational acceleration. Visual C++ programming software, utilized as a platform will interact to MATLAB Aircraft Instrument ActiveX and 3DSTATE for graphical 3D rendering process.
|Technical Paper||Advanced Cueing And Displays For Super Agile Aircraft|
|Technical Paper||EHA Loading on the 270-Vdc Bus|
|Technical Paper||Aircraft Crash Safety Research in Australia|
CitationNasiri, M. and Rezazade, M., "Simulation and Visualization Environment for Nonlinear Helicopter Flight Dynamics," SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-2425, 2006, https://doi.org/10.4271/2006-01-2425.
- Calise A. J. Prasad J. V. R. “Development of a real-time flight simulator for an experimental model helicopter” School of aerospace engineering, University of Stuttgart 1998
- Luo C. C. Kung C. C. Chang P. W. “ Linear Helicopter Model For Global Flight Envelope Control ” Journal of C.C.I.T 32 1 2003
- Manouchehri A. Nasiri M. “ Helicopter Trim Algorithm Using 6 D.O.F. model ” Proc. Of the 4 th Iranian Aerospace Society Conf Iran 2004
- William H. Numerical Recipes in C: The Art of Scientific Computing Cambridge University Press 2002
- Padfield G. D. Helicopter Flight Dynamics: The Theory and Application of Flying Qualities and Simulation Modeling AIAA 1996
- Sagafi F. Shahmiri F. “ Development of Flight Dynamic Equations For Bell 206 Helicopter ” Proc. Of the 4 th Iranian Aerospace Society Conf Iran 2003
- Stevens, B. L. Lewis, F. L. Aircraft Control and Simulation John Wiely and Sons Inc. 1992