This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Modeling and Analyses of an Integrated Air Revitalization System of a 4-Bed Molecular Sieve Carbon Dioxide Remova System (CDRA), Mechanical Compressor Engineering Development Unit (EDU) and Sabatier Engineering Development Unit
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published July 17, 2006 by SAE International in United States
This content contains downloadable datasetsAnnotation ability available
Tests of an integrated 4-Bed Molecular Sieve Carbon Dioxide Removal System (CDRA), a Mechanical Compressor Engineering Development Unit (EDU), and a Sabatier Engineering Development Unit were conducted at NASA Marshall Flight Center in 2005 to evaluate the performance of a closed loop Air Revitalization System (ARS). A previously developed model for the integrated ARS was validated and correlated using the test data. Test data, including profiles of molecular sieve 5A bed pressure, CO2 accumulator pressure, CO2 delivery rate from the compressor, on/off operations of the compressor and relieving operation of the pressure relief valve were analyzed and compared with predictions using the integrated model. Findings from analyzing the test data, such as air leak rate to desorption beds, CO2 co-adsorption on 13X of desiccant beds, improvement in thermal modeling, etc. were reported.
CitationJeng, F., Campbell, M., Lu, S., Smith, F. et al., "Modeling and Analyses of an Integrated Air Revitalization System of a 4-Bed Molecular Sieve Carbon Dioxide Remova System (CDRA), Mechanical Compressor Engineering Development Unit (EDU) and Sabatier Engineering Development Unit," SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-2133, 2006, https://doi.org/10.4271/2006-01-2133.
Data Sets - Support Documents
|Unnamed Dataset 1|
- Murdoch, K.E. Perry, J.L. Smith, F.D. “Sabatier Engineering Development Unit” ICES paper 2003-01-2496, 33 rd ICES Conference Vancouver BC, Canada 2003
- Jeng, F “Analysis Summary Report for Integrated Sabatier CRA” Lockheed Martin Space Operations Sept. 2004
- Mohamadinejad, H. “Molecular Sieve Bench Testing and Computer Modeling” 3 7 McDonnell Douglas Aerospace Huntsville 1995
- Bernard, G. L. “Models for Fixed Bed Coadsorption” Rice University 1976
- Mulloth, L.M. Finn, J.E. “Carbon Dioxide Adsorption on a 5A Zeolite Designed for CO 2 Removal in Spacecraft Cabins” Nov. 1998
- Emails William D. JSC NASA
- Green, S. Southwest Research Institute
- Campbell M.
- Knox, J. C. Campbell, M. Murdoch, K. Miller L.A. Jeng, F. “Integrated test and Evaluation of a 4BMS Carbon Dioxide Removal Assembly, Mechanical Compressor EDU, and Sabatier EDU ICEA paper 2005-01-2894 2005