This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Creating Test Patterns for Model-based Development of Automotive Software
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 03, 2006 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The importance of electronics, especially software, has greatly increased over the last few years. Efforts to maintain a high level of software quality have made testing an important part of the development process. With the advent of model-based development, testing methods can be used not only on code level, but also on model level. Next to test execution itself, test development is seen as the most time- and cost-intensive part of the testing process. This paper outlines and classifies current approaches to model-based test development, with the aim of providing guidelines for test developers for choosing the method best suited to the type of system under test and the test objective.
CitationWewetzer, C., Lamberg, K., and Otterbach, R., "Creating Test Patterns for Model-based Development of Automotive Software," SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-1598, 2006, https://doi.org/10.4271/2006-01-1598.
- Myers, G. The Art of Software Testing Wiley New York 1979
- Grochtmann, M. Grimm, K. Classification Trees for Partition Testing, in: Software Testing Verification and Reliability 3 1996 63 82
- Reuss, H. Deutschmann, R. Liebl, J. Munk, F. Schmidt, C. Automatic ECU Test with HiL-Simulation 2003
- Hermes, T. Schultze, A. Predelli, O. Software Quality is Not a Coincidence: A Model-Based Test Case Generator SAE World Congress 2005, 2005-01-1664
- Sthamer, H. Baresel, A. Wegener, J. Evolutionary Testing of Embedded Systems Proceedings of the 14th Intl. Software Quality Week 2001
- Fick, O. Testmustergenerierung mit Hilfe von Wahr-scheinlichkeitsverteilungen im Rahmen des modell-basierten Tests eingebetteter Systeme (German) 2005
- Lamberg, K. Beine, M. Eschmann, M. Otterbach, R. Conrad, M. Fey, I. Model-Based Testing of Embedded Automotive Software Using MTest SAE World Congress 2004, 2004-01-1593
- Lehmann, E. Wegener, J. Test Case Design by Means of the CTE XL Proc. Of 8th European Intl. Conference on Software Testing, Analysis and Review (EuroSTAR ‘00) 2000
- Ebert, J. Spezifikation logischer Abhängigkeiten in Klassifikationsbäumen (German) Technical University Berlin
- Classification Tree Editor for Embedded Systems – Product Information http://www.razorcat.com/frame_main/produkte/unterpunkte/cte_e.html
- Clarke, E. Grumberg, O. Peled, D. Model Checking MIT Press 1999
- Reactis – Product Information http://www.reactive-systems.com/
- Pohlheim, H. Conrad, M. Griep, A. Evolutionary Safety Testing of Embedded Control Software by Automatically Generating Compact Test Data Sequences SAE World Congress 2005 2005-01-0750
- Köster, L. Thomsen, T. Stracke, R. Connecting Simulink to OSEK: Automatic Code Generation for Real-Time Operating Systems with TargetLink SAE World Congress 2001 2001-01-0024