This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Verification and Validation of a Safety-Critical Steer-By-Wire System Using DO-178B
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 03, 2006 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The application of DO-178B for the verification and validation of the safety-critical aspects of a steer-by-wire sub-system of a vehicle by using a spiral development model is discussed. The project was performed within a capstone design course at Kettering University. Issues including lessons learned regarding requirements, specifications, testing, verification, and validation activities as required by DO-178B are summarized.
|Magazine Issue||Aerospace & Defense Technology: October 2015|
|Technical Paper||Introduction to OSEK Network Management|
|Technical Paper||A Distributed Engineering Computer Aided Learning System|
CitationPimentel, J., "Verification and Validation of a Safety-Critical Steer-By-Wire System Using DO-178B," SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-1447, 2006, https://doi.org/10.4271/2006-01-1447.
- “Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification,” December 1 1992 RTCA, Inc. 1828 L Street, NW, Suite 805, Washington, D.C. 20036 http://www.rtca.org
- U.S. FDA “Design Control Guidance for Medical Device Manufacturers” March 11 1997 http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/comp/designgd.pdf
- Min S-T Network Tool Usage in the DC Development Process Vector Congress 2005 Troy, MI Oct. 2005
- Pimentel J. R. An Architecture for a Safety-Critical Steer-by-Wire System SAE Congress Detroit, MI Feb. 2004
- “Guidelines for the Use of the C Language in Critical Systems” 0 9524156 2 3 0 9524156 4 X October 2004 www.misra.org.uk
- Leveson, N. G. Safeware: System Safety and Computers Addison-Wesley 1995