This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Integrating Data, Performing Quality Assurance, and Validating the Vehicle Model for the 2004 Prius Using PSAT
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 03, 2006 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Argonne National Laboratory (ANL), working with the FreedomCAR Partnership, maintains the hybrid vehicle simulation software, Powertrain System Analysis Toolkit (PSAT). The importance of component models and the complexity involved in setting up optimized control laws require validation of the models and control strategies. Using its Advanced Powertrain Research Facilities (APRF), ANL thoroughly tested the 2004 Toyota Prius to validate the PSAT drivetrain. In this paper, we will first describe the methodology used to quality check test data. Then, we will explain the validation process leading to the simulated vehicle control strategy tuning, which is based on the analysis of the differences between test and simulation. Finally, we will demonstrate the validation of PSAT Prius component models and control strategy, using APRF vehicle test data.
CitationRousseau, A., Kwon, J., Sharer, P., Pagerit, S. et al., "Integrating Data, Performing Quality Assurance, and Validating the Vehicle Model for the 2004 Prius Using PSAT," SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-0667, 2006, https://doi.org/10.4271/2006-01-0667.
- Argonne National Laboratory PSAT (Powertrain Systems Analysis Toolkit) http://www.transportation.anl.gov/
- Rousseau, A. Sharer, P. Besnier, F. “Feasibility of Reusable Vehicle Modeling: Application to Hybrid Vehicles,” SAE paper 2004-01-1618 , SAE World Congress Detroit March 2004
- Rousseau, A. Pagerit, S. Monnet G. “The New PNGV System Analysis Toolkit PSAT V4.1 - Evolution and Improvements,” SAE paper 01-2536, Future Transportation Technology Conference Costa Mesa, Calif. August 2001
- The Mathworks, Inc. Matlab Release 14, User's Guide 2005
- Sharer, P. Rousseau, A. Pagerit, S. Wu, Y. “Impact of FreedomCAR Goals on Well-to-Wheel Analysis,” SAE paper 2005-01-0004 , SAE World Congress Detroit April 2005
- Pagerit, S. Rousseau, A. Sharer, P. “Global Optimization to Real Time Control of HEV Power Flow: Example of a Fuel Cell Hybrid Vehicle,” 20th International Electric Vehicle Symposium (EVS20) Monaco April 2005
- Rousseau, A. Sharer, P. Pagerit, S. Das, S. “Trade-off between Fuel Economy and Cost for Advanced Vehicle Configurations,” 20th International Electric Vehicle Symposium (EVS20) Monaco April 2005
- Pasquier, M. Rousseau, A. Duoba, M. “Validating Simulation Tools for Vehicle System Studies Using Advanced Control and Testing Procedures,” 18th International Electric Vehicle Symposium (EVS18) Berlin, Germany October 2001
- Rousseau, A. Pasquier, M. “Validation of a Hybrid Modeling Software (PSAT) Using Its Extension for Prototyping (PSAT-PRO),” Global Powertrain Congress Detroit June 2001
- Rousseau, A. Larsen, R. 2000 “Simulation and Validation of Hybrid Electric Vehicles Using PSAT,” Global Powertrain Congress Detroit June 2000
- Toyota “Development of New-Generation Hybrid System THS II - Drastic Improvement of Power Performance and Fuel Economy,” SAE paper 2004-01-0064 , SAE World Congress Detroit March 2004
- Bohn, T. Duoba, M. “Implementation of a Non-Intrusive In-Vehicle Engine Torque Sensor for Benchmarking the Toyota Prius,” SAE paper 2005-01-1046 SAE World Congress Detroit April 2005
- Toyota “Prius 2004 New Car Features.”
- Toyota “Development of a New Battery System for Hybrid Vehicles,” 20th International Electric Vehicle Symposium (EVS20) Monaco April 2005
- Toyota “Development of Hybrid Electric Drive System Using a Boost Converter,” 20th International Electric Vehicle Symposium (EVS20) Monaco April 2005