This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A Study of Sheet Hydro-forming Using High Strength Steel Sheets
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 03, 2006 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Sheet hydro-forming was applied to hydro-form a door outer panel using different steel grades. The effect of mechanical properties and the forming conditions on panel properties such as thickness profile and cross-sectional shape accuracy were investigated by both experimental sheet hydro-forming and FEM forming analysis. 590MPa T.S. steel grade was successfully formed with improved dent resistance compared to the conventional 340MPa T.S. steel grade. On the other hand, the results of the FEM forming process analysis showed that the pre-forming conditions were important in controlling the fracture formation during forming and to improve dent resistance, which successfully led to the best forming condition.
CitationSaito, T., Hira, T., Yamasaki, Y., Yoshitake, A. et al., "A Study of Sheet Hydro-forming Using High Strength Steel Sheets," SAE Technical Paper 2006-01-0546, 2006, https://doi.org/10.4271/2006-01-0546.
- Nakamura, K. Press Technology 18 23 39-9 2001
- Amino, H. Press Technology 28 33 39-9 2001
- Yoshitake, A. Proc. of the 2000 annual Meeting of JSME/MMD.WS(2)- 4 2000
- Gruzka, T. Lenze, F-J. Röse, H. Donnhauser, C. Stümpke, A. Hydromechanical Sheet Forming AHU” Steel Materials IBEC 2000
- Tokita, Y. Dent resistance performance of sheet hydroforming parts CAMP-ISIJ 1426 16 2003