This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Organic Compound Exhaust Analysis from Ethanol-Gasoline Fueled Motorcycle
Published October 12, 2005 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Annotation ability available
Ethanol-Gasoline was being promoted in China. Ethanol as substitute fuel could save such nature resource that cannot be regenerated. At the same time, oxygen additives also have potential dangerous, such as, poisonous organic compound. In this paper, a typical 125 mL four stroke single cylinder motorcycle was driven on chassis dynamometer at 5 different stable conditions which is specified in ECE 40 driving cycle. At each stably driving condition, raw gas from exhaust pipe was collected in corresponding bags respectively. Those samples were analyzed by means of gas chromatogram and mass spectrum analyzer (Agilent GC6890-MS5973). Poisonous ethanol compound such as benzene, toluene had been found in samples from ethanol blended fueled motorcycle exhausts and compared with samples from that of pure gasoline.
CitationManqun, L., Meiqing, S., Bin, J., Yaqin, S. et al., "Organic Compound Exhaust Analysis from Ethanol-Gasoline Fueled Motorcycle," SAE Technical Paper 2005-32-0055, 2005.
- PoulopoulosS., PhilippopoulosC.. Influence of MTBE addition into gasoline on automotive exhaust emissions[J].Atmospheric Environment,2000,34:4781
- Adam Gillian, Gamoh Keiji, MorrisDavid G., Duncan Harry. Effect of alcohol addition on the movement of petroleum hydrocarbon fuels in soil[J].The Science of the Total Environment, 2002,286:15-17.
- MoreiraJose R.,Goldemberg Jose. The alcohol program[J]. Energy Policy 1999, 27: 231.
- Al-BaghdadiM.A.S..Hydrogen-ethanol blending as an alternative fuel of spark ignition engines[J].Renewable Energy,2003,28:1477
- Yuksel Fikret,Yuksel Bedri.The use of ethanol - gasoline blend as a fuel in an SI engine[J].Renewable Energy,2004,29:1185 - 1187.
- Hsieh Wei-Dong,Chen Rong-Hong,Wu Tsung-Lin,Lin Ta-Hui. Engine performance and pollutant emission of an SI engine using ethanol-gasoline blended fuels[J].Atmospheric Environment, 2002,37:403-410
- Al-HasanM.. Effect of ethanol-unleaded gasoline blends on engine performance and exhaust emission[J]. Energy Conversion and Management,2003,44: 1547-1561. Authors: “Paper Title”, Transaction name No. 000-00, pp. 00-00 (2000).