This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Design and Development of a Bungee Sled Facility
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 19, 2005 by The Automotive Research Association of India in India
Annotation ability available
Event: SIAT 2005
As a part of the Safety Test Facility Building initiated by ARAI, the bungee sled facility has been designed, setup and proven to meet the National and International Regulatory Requirements. The facility is being extensively used for Type Approval tests of safety belts, seats and their anchorages. The paper describes the capabilities of the facility, shares the first hand experience of the conflicting design considerations, infrastructure viz., civil structure, lighting, data acquisition, high speed videography and motion analysis software.
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Ambulance Patient Compartment Structural Integrity Test to Support SAE J3027 Compliant Litter Systems|
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Passenger Car Windshield Wiper Systems|
|Ground Vehicle Standard||Collision Deformation Classification|
CitationChitnis, P., Shinde, V., Mannikar, A., and Patil, V., "Design and Development of a Bungee Sled Facility," SAE Technical Paper 2005-26-071, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-26-071.
- Selffert, U. Wech, L. “Automotive Safety Handbook” Published by SAE Int. 2003
- Peden, M., et al. “World Report on Road Traffic Injury Prevention” World Health Organisation Geneva 2004
- Bhore, A. S., et al. “Development of Gravity Sled Facility for Simulated Crash Test” SAE paper 990045
- Gilberg, A., et al. “A Low Cost High Performance Impact Test Facility” SAE paper 2002-01-0689
- Steffan, H., et al. “HyperG-A New Hydro Pneumatic Catputt Type Sled” SAE paper 2003-01-0496
- ECE R16 “Uniform Provision Concerning the Approval of 1. Safety Belts and Restraint Systems for Occupants of Power Driven Vehicles; 2. Vehicles Equipped with Safety Belts” 2003
- ECE R17 “Uniform Provision Concerning the Approval of Vehicles with Regard to seats, their Anchorages and any Head Restraints” 2004
- ECE R80 “Uniform Provision Concerning the Approval of Seats of Large Passenger Vehicles and of These Vehicles with Regards to the Strength of the Seats and Their Anchorages” 2001
- ECE R44 “Uniform Provision Concerning the Approval of Restraining Device for Child Occupants of Power Driven Vehicles (Child Restraint System)” 2004
- ECE R11 “Uniform Provision Concerning the Approval of Vehicles with Regard to Door Latches and Door Retention Components” 1992
- SAE J211/1 “Instrumentation for Impact Test - Part 1 - Electronic Instrumentation” 1995