This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Incident Collection and Analysis With High-Performance-Type Drive Recorder
Published May 18, 2005 by Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan in Japan
Event: JSAE Spring Conference
In recent years, the traffic accident shows gradual decreasing in the number of severe injuries, whereas increasing the total number. In order to decrease the total number of accidents, studies for active safety vehicle which prevents drivers from severe traffic accident have been performed. One effective way to develop such vehicle technologies is considered to investigate the incident which is hidden but is close to severe accident. The aim of this study is to detect such underlying incident with high-performance-type drive recorders. In this paper, the developed drive recorder with various functions is explained while analyzing actual incident on real traffic environment with two taxis.
- Yohei Michitsuji - Tokyo University of Agriculture & Technology
- Masao Nagai - Tokyo University of Agriculture & Technology
- Hirotoshi Ishikawa - Automotive Technology Research Institute
- Kozo Maeda - Society of Automotive Engineers of Japan
- Motoki Shino - The University of Tokyo
- Mitsunobu Fujita - The University of Tokyo
- Minoru Kamata - The University of Tokyo