This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
TORCH IGNITION SYSTEM ANALYSIS IN AN SPARK IGNITION ENGINE
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 22, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The work evaluates as the adaptation of a torch-ignition system, without charge stratification, in an Otto cycle engine alters the acting curves and also its level of emissions in relation to the motor with original ignition system. For this, based on the literature, three combustion prechamber geometries are projected, built and adapted to a engine FIAT 1581 cm3, 4 cylinders, 16 valves modified previously for operation in a cylinder end with development ECU. After accomplishment of the tests it was verified losses in performance and gain in the emissions of CO and CO2 in comparison with the engine using original ignition system.
CitationGomes, J., Valle, R., Pujatti, F., and Pereira, J., "TORCH IGNITION SYSTEM ANALYSIS IN AN SPARK IGNITION ENGINE," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-4149, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-4149.
- ASSOCIAÇÃO BRASILEIRA DE NORMAS TÉCNICAS veículos rodoviários: código de ensaio de motores: potência líquida efetiva Rio de Janeiro 1996
- ADAMS, T. G. Torch Ignition for combustion control of lean mixtures Paper SAE 790440 19 1979
- DATE, T. YAGI, S. ISHIZUA, A. FUJJI, I. Research and development ao Honda CVCC engine Paper SAE 740605 1974
- FAVRAT, D. ROETHLISBERGER, R. P. Investigation of the prechamber geometrical configuration of a natural gas spark ignition engine for cogeration International Journal of Thermal Sciences 223 237 Abril 2002
- GANESAN, V. Internal combustion engines New York McGraw-Hill International 1995
- GARRET, T. K. Automotive fuels and fuel systems London Pentech Press Limited 1 1996
- HEYWOOD, J. B. Internal conbustion engine fundamentals New York McGraw-Hill International 1988
- JEANDEL, D. BUFFAT, M. MAO, Y. Simulation of the turbulent flow inside the combustion chamber of a reciprocating engine with a finite element method ASME - The American Society of Mechanical Engineers 1996
- KATAOAKA, K. HIRAKO, Y. Combustion process in a divided chamber spark ignition engine Bolletin JSME 25 o 210 1982
- NAKAZOMO, T. NATSUME, Y. Effect of prechamber on lean burn gas engine JSME International Journal 37 1994
- OBERT, Edward F. Motores de combustão interna Trad. por Fernando Luiz Carraro Porto Alegre. Globo 1971
- RYU, H. CHTSU, A. ASANUMA, T. Effect or torch jet direction on combustion and performance of a prechamber spark-ignition engine Paper SAE 870167 1987
- SÁ, Denis Cley Cândido de Análise de um sistema de ignição por lança-chamas adaptado a um motor do ciclo otto Belo Horizonte Dissertação de Mestrado Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais 2001
- SANDA, S. KONISH, M. NAKAMURA, N. ONO, E. BAIKA, T. Effects of a prechamber on NO x formation process in the SI engine Paper SAE 790389 1979
- TAYLOR, C.F. Análise dos motores de combustão interna São Paulo Edgard Blucher 1 1971