This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Flight Tests Telemetry Link for Small and Medium Aircrafts
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 22, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
It is common at the great aerospace companies or research centers to perform flight tests in facilities deployed for aircrafts and systems evaluation.
These resources require high planning and investments comprising telemetry system, airborne and terrestrial equipments, calibration labs and specialized staff.
It proposes in flight data acquisition means for support tests programs of aircrafts and airborne systems of low complexity in new developments. Also, it can be used as an optimization tool by introducing the telemetry efficiency concept applied to the development of new aircrafts where there are at least two prototypes read to fly.
- Tiago Giglio Rodrigues - Instituto Tecnológico de Aeronáutica – ITA, Centro Técnico Aeroespacial, São José dos Campos-SP, Brazil
- Luiz Carlos Sandoval Góes - Instituto Tecnológico de Aeronáutica – ITA, Centro Técnico Aeroespacial, São José dos Campos-SP, Brazil
- Nelson Paiva Oliveira Leite - Instituto de Aeronáutica e Espaço – IAE, Centro Técnico Aeroespacial, São José dos Campos-SP, Brazil
- Carlos Nazareth Motta Marins - Instituto Nacional de Telecomunicações – Inatel, Santa Rita do Sapucaí-MG, Brazil
CitationRodrigues, T., Góes, L., Leite, N., and Marins, C., "Flight Tests Telemetry Link for Small and Medium Aircrafts," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-4137, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-4137.
- Gordon, Gary D., Morgan, Walter L., Principles of Communications Satellites, John Wiley & Sons Inc, New York, NY.
- Foster, LeRoy E., Telemetry Systems, John Wiley & Sons Inc, New York, NY.
- Gsrden, Frank, Telemetry System Design, Artech House, Boston/London.
- Stiltz, Harry L., Aerospace Telemetry, Prentice- Hall Inc., Englewood Cliffs, N.J.
- Telemetry Group Range Commanders Council, “Telemetry Standards”, IRIG Standard 106-04 Part I, Secretariat Range Commanders Council U.S. Army White Sands Missile Range, New Mexico, May, 2004.
- Hoder, Doug, Zakrajsek, Robert, “Airborne Satcom Terminal Research at NASA Glenn”, Cleveland, Ohio.