This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Ball Joint Boot Analysis using Numeric Simulation
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 22, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The present paper presents a method developed to simulate the work condition of a sealing boot.
The method allows the designer to know the stresses as well as the deformation of rubber or plastic sealing boots when the ball stud oscillates.
The position that the sealing boot assumes when subjected to deformation is also important to the designer who must define stack up and tolerances.
CitationMartins, H. and Zucchini, M., "Ball Joint Boot Analysis using Numeric Simulation," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-4103, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-4103.
- Davey, A.B. Payne, A.R. “Rubber in Engineering Practice”
- MAR120 Course Notes Engineering Analysis with MSC.Marc and MSC.Patran MSC.Software
- South, Joseph Thomas “Mechanical Properties and Durability of natural rubber compounds and composites.”
- Mars, W.V. Fatemi, A. “A literature survey on fatigue analysis approaches for rubber International Journal of Fatigue
- Nonlinear Finite Element Analysis of Elastomers Technical Paper MSC.Software