This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Complexity Theory Applied to Organization Management
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 22, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The Complexity Theory (or Chaos Theory) has already brought a lot of contributions to many areas of the human knowledge, such as Physics, Biology, and Chemistry. However, only recently it has been applied to social systems and to management.
Even with all the theoretical bases that the management techniques have today, and with the supposed control managers have over the business indicators, we often face contradictions between our expectations and the organization’s expectations towards business reality.
This work has the intention to present and reveal how the recent progresses on the comprehension of the system dynamics based on the Complexity Theory can contribute to the construction of a new rational model of management that fits an environment of constant changes in which the organizations are in.
CitationCrivellaro, C., "Complexity Theory Applied to Organization Management," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-4035, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-4035.
- Fiedler-Ferrara, N. Prado, C. P. C. Caos, Uma Introdução Blücher Edgard 1994
- Fischer, R. M. Mudança e transformação organizacional São Paulo: Paper 2001
- Giovannini, F Kruglianskas, I Organização Eficaz Nobel 2004
- Maturana, H Varela, F A arvore do conhecimento Campinas Psy 1995
- Mintzberg, H. Structures in Fives Englewood Clifs Prentice Hall 1993
- Simon, H. A. The sciences of the artificial Cambridge MIT Press 2001
- Page, S. E. Uncertainty, Difficulty, and Complexity Department of Economics, University of Iowa Iowa City