This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Characteristics of a Transient Spray of Fuel with Multiple Components
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 24, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Almost all the researches relating to the characteristics of transient spray have carried out by using the fuel with only single component. However, the actual fuel oil supplying to a reciprocating engine has multiple components. Thus, this paper describes the experimental results on the characteristics of a transient spray formed by the mixed fuel with three kinds of pure fuel. The state of periphery of non evaporating spray near the nozzle outlet was arranged by the dimensionless number. And the technique of laser Induced fluorescence (LIF) was applied to an evaporating spray to find the state of mixing.
CitationFujimoto, H., Myong, K., Suzuki, H., Ueda, K. et al., "Characteristics of a Transient Spray of Fuel with Multiple Components," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-3846, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-3846.
- Senda, J. Ikeda, M. Yamamoto, M. Kawaguchi, B. Fujimoto, H. “Low Emission Diesel Combustion System, by Use of Fuel Design Concept” SAE Paper, No.99-01-1136
- Senda J. Kawano, D. Hotta, I. Kawakami, K. Fujimoto, H. “Fuel Design Concept for Low Emission in Engine Systems” SAE Paper, No. 2000-01-1258
- Kawano, D. Senda, J. Shimada A. Fujimoto, H. “Fuel Design Concept for Low Emission in Engine Systems (3rd Report)” SAE Paper, No. 2002-01-0220
- Kawano, D. Senda J. Azechi, N. Fujimoto, H. “Fuel Design Concept for Low Emission in Engine Systems (4th Report)” SAE Paper, No. 2003-01-1038
- Myong, K.-J. Suzuki, H. Senda, J. Fujimoto, H. “Spray Structure of Multi-Component Fuels on Evaporating Transient Diesel Spray” Proc. THIESEL 2004 Valencia 381 392 2004
- Kosaka, H. Kamimoto, T. “A study in the structure of transient spray(2nd report, 2-D Visualization of Fuel Vapor Concentration Velocity and Ignition Region)” Trans.JSME(B) 65 640 1999 4132 4137