This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Pollutant Emissions Study of Gas Fueled SI Engines
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 24, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
An experimental study of pollutant emissions of a SI gas engine with CNG fuel has been done. In this work the role of various parameters such as air-fuel ratio, the shape of combustion chamber and spark timing on pollutant emissions of the engine have been investigated. The effect of three different combustion chambers with various compression ratios was studied and it was found that combustion chamber shape has a vital effect on exhaust emissions.
CitationDordaei, H., Hazhir, A., and Far, K., "Pollutant Emissions Study of Gas Fueled SI Engines," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-3790, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-3790.
- Sobiesiak A., Internal Combustion Engines, 2005
- Poulos, S.G and Heywood, J.B “The Effect of Chamber Geometry on Spark Ignition Engine Combustion”, SAE Paper 830334, 1983.
- Novack, j.M and Blumberg, P. N “Parametric Simulation of Significant Design and Operating Engine Chambers”. SAE Paper 780943.
- Evans R.L., Blaszczyk J., and Matys P., “An Experimental and Numerical Study of Combustion Chamber Design for Lean-burn Natural Gas Engines”. SAE Technical Paper, 961672, 1996
- Heywood J.B., Poulos S.G “Effect of Combustion Chamber Geometry and Spark Plug Position on Combustion Duration” SAE Technical Paper, 803356, 1980.
- Dordaei H, Converting the Perkins 4-236 V diesel engine to dedicated CNG engine, Msc thesis, Tabriz University, 2005.
- Jafari A. and Hannani S.K., Effect of compression ratio and fuel type on performance of spark ignition engines, proceeding of the second international conference on internal combustion engines, February 2001, IPCO, Tehran, Iran.
- Heywood, J.B. 1988. “Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals”. Mc Grow, Hill, Inc.
- Kodah “Numerical Simulation of Combustion in Premixed SI Engine Using Fractal Flame Model” SAE Technical Paper Series, 952383, 1995.
- Kowalewicz Anderzej, Combustion Systems of High-speed Piston I.C.Engines, ELSEVIR Publishers.
- Patterson D.J. and Henein N.A., Emission from Combustion Engines and Their Control, Ann Arbor science PUBLISHERS INC.
- Min K, Chen W.K., Heywood J.B, the Effects of Crevices on the Engine-Out Hydrocarbon Emissions in SI Engines, SAE Paper 940306.
- Roberts C.E. and Matthews R.D., Development and Application of an Improved Ring Pack Model for Hydrocarbon Emissions Studies, SAE Paper 961966.
- Cattelan A. and Wallace J., Exhaust Emission and Energy Consumption Effects from Hydrogen Supplementation of Natural Gas, SAE Paper 952497.
- Shashikantha and Parikh P.P., Spark Ignition Producer Gas Engine and Dedicated Compressed Natural Gas Engine-Technology Development and Experimental Performance Optimization, SAE Paper 1999-01-3515.
- Olsson K. and Johansson B., Combustion Chambers for Natural Gas SI Engines Part 2: Combustion and Emissions, SAE Paper 950517.