This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
HCCI Fuels Evaluations-Gasoline Boiling Range Fuels
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 24, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Four fuels in the gasoline boiling range where tested in a constant volume combustion bomb and a variable compression ratio HCCI engine. The fuels were tested using a port fuel injection system. The results of the experiments defined the range of HCCI operation in terms of the Coefficient of Variation (COV) of IMEP and the maximum rate of pressure rise. The results for the test fuels are compared to each other and to a baseline gasoline. The results are discussed in terms of the effects of the fuel properties (basically, various measure of ignition quality) on the engine heat release rates and efficiencies.
CitationAmann, M., Ryan, T., and Kono, N., "HCCI Fuels Evaluations-Gasoline Boiling Range Fuels," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-3727, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-3727.
- Ryan, T.W. Callahan T. “Homogeneous Charge Compression Ignition of Diesel Fuel” SAE Paper 961160 May 1996
- Gray, A.W. Ryan T.W. “Homogeneous Charge Compression Ignition of Diesel Fuel” SAE Paper 971676 May 1997
- Ryan, T. W. Matheaus A. “Fuel Requirements for HCCI Engine Operation” SAE Paper 2003-01-1813 May 2003
- Ryan, T.W. Callahan T.J. Mehta D. “HCCI in Variable Compression Ratio Engine-Effects of Engine Variables” SAE Paper 2004-01-1971 2004
- Shibata, G. Oyama, K. Urushihara, T. Nakano, T. “Correlation of Low Temperature Heat Release with Fuel Composition and HCCI Engine Combustion” SAE Paper 2005-01-0138
- Shibata, G. Oyama, K. Urushihara, T. Nakano, T. “The Effect of Fuel Properties on Low and High Temperature Heat Release and Resulting Performance of an HCCI Engine” SAE Paper 2004-01-0553
- Yao, M. Zhang, Z. Zhang, B. Chen, Z. “The Effect of PRF Fuel Octane Number on HCCI Operation” SAE Paper 2004-01-2992
- Kalghatgi, G. et al. “A Method of Defining Ignition Quality of Fuels in HCCI Engines” SAE Paper 2003-01-1816 May 2004