This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Integrated NAH/Beamforming Solution for Efficient Broad-Band Noise Source Location
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 16, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Near-field Acoustical Holography (NAH) is a powerful, high-resolution noise source location technique for low-to-medium frequencies, requiring however often too many measurement positions at high frequencies. Beamforming provides too poor resolution at low frequencies, but very good resolution at high frequencies with relatively few measurement points. A combination of the two techniques therefore seems attractive. But where traditional NAH requires a regular array, Beamforming can provide the attractive high-frequency performance only by the use of irregular array geometries. The present paper describes a system that enables NAH and Beamforming to be supported with the same irregular array, and which can provide comparable scaling of the output from the two types of array measurement.
CitationHald, J., "An Integrated NAH/Beamforming Solution for Efficient Broad-Band Noise Source Location," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-2537, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-2537.
- Christensen J.J. Hald J. “Beamforming” Brüel & Kjær Technical Review 1 2004
- Williams E.G. “Fourier Acoustics - Sound Radiation and Nearfield Acoustical Holography” Academic Press 1999
- Hald J. “Patch Near-field Acoustical Holography using a New Statistically Optimal Method” Proceedings of Inter-Noise 2003
- Hald J. “Array designs optimized for both low-frequency NAH and high-frequency Beamforming” Proceedings of Inter-Noise 2004
- Hald J. Christensen J.J. “A Class of Optimal Broadband Phased Array Geometries designed for Easy Construction” Proceedings of Inter-Noise 2002
- Oerlemans S. Sijtsma P. “Determination of Absolute Levels from Phased Array Measurements Using Spatial Source Coherence” AIAA 2002-2464
- Johnson D. H. Dudgeon D. E. “Array Signal Processing: Concepts and Techniques” Prentice Hall New Jersey 1993