This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of the Vibrational EFA (Energy Flow Analysis) Software EFADSC++ R4 and its Applications to Automobiles
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 16, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The Energy Flow Analysis (EFA) offers very promising results in predicting the noise and vibration responses of system structures in medium-to-high frequency ranges. We have developed the Energy Flow Finite Element Method (EFFEM) based software, EFADS C++ R4, for the vibration analysis. The software can analyze the built-up structures composed of beam, plate, spring-damper, rigid body elements and so on, and has many useful functions. For the effectiveness and convenience of software, the main functions of the whole software are modularized into translator, model-converter, and solver. The translator module makes it possible to use of finite element (FE) model for the vibration analysis at low frequencies. The model-converter module changes FE model into energy flow finite element (EFFE) model. It is generates joint elements to cover the vibrational attenuation in the complex structures composed of various elements and can solve the joint element equations by using the wave transmission approach very quickly. The solver module supports the various direct and iterative solvers for multi-DOF structures. EFADS C++ R4 can also use the analytic parameters input by user. The simulation about the local part of real automobile is performed sucessfully.
|Technical Paper||A New Tool for Ship-Marine Machinery Noise Analysis|
|Technical Paper||Development of the Acoustic EFA(Energy Flow Analysis) Software NASEFAc++R1 and its Applications to Automobiles|
|Technical Paper||Rating Pump Fluidborne Noise|
- Hyun-Gwon Kil - Department of Mechanical Engineering, The University of Suwon
- Suk-Yoon Hong - Department of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Seoul National University
- Young-Ho Park - Department of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Seoul National University
- Seong-Hoon Seo - Department of Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, Seoul National University
CitationHong, S., Park, Y., Seo, S., and Kil, H., "Development of the Vibrational EFA (Energy Flow Analysis) Software EFADSC++ R4 and its Applications to Automobiles," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-2321, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-2321.
- Nefske D.J. Sung S.H. Bouthier O.M. Bernhard R.J. Models of Space-Averged Energetics of Plates America Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics journal 30 616 623 1992
- Bouthier O.M. Bernhard R.J. Models of Space-Averged Energetics of Plates America Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics journal 30 616 623 1992
- Park D.-H. Hong S.-Y. Kil H.-G. Jeon J.-J. Power Flow Model and Analysis of In-plane Waves in Finite Coupled Thin Plates Journal of Sound and Vibration 244 651 668 2001
- Cho P.E. Energy Flow Analysis of Coupled Structures Purdue University 1993
- Seo S.-H. Power Flow Finite Element Method for the Various Plate Structures in Shape Seoul National University 2000
- Yoshiko I. Prediction of Structure Borne Sound Transmission Using Statistical Energy Analysis Bulletin of the M. E. S. J. 13 2 60 73
- Park Y.-H. Seo S.-H. Hong S.-Y. Development and application of PFA software for vibration analysis of automobile SAE Noise & Vibration Conference & Exhibition 2003