This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Exploration of Associated Imaginations on Sound Perception A Subject-centered Method for Benchmarking of Vehicle
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 16, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Over the years many publications and surveys were conducted in the context of human sensation concerned with sound perception and sound quality. But an exploration of associations, feelings and context of hearing in an interactive evaluation context is needed to provide insight into the affective and cognitive parameters of sound evaluation. It has to be understood that laboratory evaluation has to be considered in the context of an artificial interruption of daily life experience. Therefore, the concept of sound quality evaluation needs to be broadened to integrate a subjective and psycho-social approach. The method AISP (Exploration of Associated Imaginations on Sound Perception) will be introduced here for benchmarking in context to appropriately evaluate the sound of the corporate identity.
|Technical Paper||Development of Active Human Response Model to Ride Motion|
|Technical Paper||Detecting and Classifying Secondary Impacts in Door Closing Sound|
|Technical Paper||A Case Study About Side Door Closing Sound Quality|
CitationSchulte-Fortkamp, B. and Genuit, K., "Exploration of Associated Imaginations on Sound Perception A Subject-centered Method for Benchmarking of Vehicle," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-2263, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-2263.
- Schulte-Fortkamp, B. Düsseldorf VDI-Verlag 1994
- Schulte-Fortkamp, B. Muckel, P. Chouard, N. Ensel, L. “Subjective Evaluation Method: The Meaning of Context in Evaluation of Sound Quality and an Appropriate Test Procedure” Proceedings of the 6th International Congress on Sound and Vibration Kopenhagen, Denmark 1999
- Muckel, P. Ensel, L. Schulte-Fortkamp, B. “Exploration of associated imaginations on sound perception (AISP): A method for helping people to describe and to evaluate their sound perceptions” J. Acoust. Soc. Am. 105 2 February 1999
- BRITE-EURAM project “OBELICS” / BE 96-3727
- Lenz, K. Frankfurt, Campus 1986
- Genuit, K. Zürich 1998
- Schulte-Fortkamp, B. “Loudness Judgments on the Background of Subjective Experience with Environmental Sounds” Proceedings, Inter-Noise 94 791 796 Yokohama, Japan 1994
- Strauss, A.L. Wilhelm Fink Verlag München 1991
- Sottek, R “Tools and Methods for Product Sound Desing of Vehicles” 16.-19 05 2005 Traverse City, USA
- Krebber, W. Gierlich, H.W. Genuit, K. “Auditory Virtual Environments: Basics and Applications for Interactive Simulations” Signal Processing July 1999
- Paul, S. Schulte-Fortkamp, B. Genuit, K. “Soundquality and Soundscape: A New Qualitative Approach to Evaluate Target Sounds” 22.-25 08 2004 Prague, Czech Republic