This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Analysis and Simulation of Conventional Transit Bus Energy Loss and Hybrid Transit Bus Energy Saving
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 11, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Hybrid vehicle offers much potential in fuel economy [1, 2]. Firstly, the energy loss of a conventional transit bus was analyzed in the typical city drive cycles and simulation study was done in idling, braking and engine work efficiency. Results show that fuel consumed in idling and braking was much high and engine part-load efficiency was very low. Then, the potential performance enhancement of hybrid transit bus in the above three aspects was analyzed by reasoning and simulation. And the fuel economy was compared with that for conventional transit bus. Comparison shows that the hybrid transit bus can reduce fuel consumption by 30-60 percent in these city cycles.
CitationXiaohua, Z., Qingnian, W., Weihua, W., and Liang, C., "Analysis and Simulation of Conventional Transit Bus Energy Loss and Hybrid Transit Bus Energy Saving," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-1173, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-1173.
- Qingquan Chen. Fengchun Sun Principium of Hybrid Electric Vehicle Beijing Press of Beijing Institute of technology 2001
- Qingnian Wang Xiaohua Zeng et al. The Application of Hybrid Electric in Military Vehicle Journal of Jilin University 2003
- An Feng Stodolsky Frank Santini Danilo Hybrid Options for Light Duty Vehicles Sae papers 1999-01-2929
- Liang Chu 2002 Study on the Control Algorithm and Parametric Design of Hybrid Electric Power Train Jilin University, College of Automobile Engineering
- Xiaohua Zeng Qingnian Wang Weihua Wang et al. The Development of a Simulation Module for the Performance of Two-axle Drive HEV Based on ADVISOR Software Automotive Engineering SAE-China paper 2003101
- Chu Liang Wang Qingnian Liu Minghui Parametric Design of Parallel Hybrid Powertrain for Transit Bus Sae papers 2004-01-1053
- Zeng Xiaohua Wang Weihua Wang Qinian Test Analysis of The First Sample Hybrid Electric Transit Bus in China 2004 CIGR International Conference Beijing
- Xiaohua Zeng 2002 Military Hybrid Electric Light off-Road Vehicle Drivetrain Matching and Control Strategy Research Jilin University, College of Automobile Engineering