This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Control-Oriented Modeling and Fuel Optimal Control of a Series Hybrid Bus
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 11, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The paper describes the derivation of a real-time controller for the energy management of a series hybrid city bus. The controller is based on Optimal Control theory and on a control-oriented model of the propulsion system. The model is of the quasi-stationary, backward type, and it is derived from tabulated data of the single components provided by the manufacturers and basic, first-principle equations. The fuel consumption obtained with the optimal controller is compared with that yielded by a conventional controller tracking the battery state-of-charge.
|Technical Paper||Development of Synthetic Drive Cycle for Fuel Economy Prediction|
|Technical Paper||Study on Braking Force Distribution Algorithm for Hybrid Electric Bus Based on EBS|
|Technical Paper||Integrated Engine/Vehicle Simulation and Control|
CitationAnatone, M., Cipollone, R., Donati, A., and Sciarretta, A., "Control-Oriented Modeling and Fuel Optimal Control of a Series Hybrid Bus," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-1163, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-1163.
- Hochgraf C. Ryan M. Wiegman H. Engine Control Strategy for a Series Hybrid Electric Vehicle- Incorporating Load-leveling and Computer Controlled Energy Management SAE Paper no. 960230 1996
- Jalil N. Kheir N. Salman M. A Rule-Based Energy Management Strategy for a Series Hybrid Vehicle Proc. of the American Control Conference Albuquerque NM June 1979 689 693
- Brahma A. Guezennec Y. Rizzoni G. Optimal Energy Management in Series Hybrid Vehicles Proc. of the American Control Conference Chicago IL June 2000 60 64
- Back M. Terwen S. Krebs V. Predictive Powertrain Control for Hybrid Electric Vehicles Proc. of the IFAC Symposium on Advances in Automotive Control Salerno, Italy April 2004
- Barsali S. Miulli C. Possenti A. A Control Strategy to Minimize Fuel Consumption of Series Hybrid Electric Vehicles IEEE Transactions on Energy Conversion 19 1 March 2004
- Sciarretta A. Back M. Guzzella L. Optimal Control of Parallel Hybrid Electric Vehicles IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology 12 3 May 2004
- Sciarretta A. Onder Ch. Guzzella L. On the Power Split Control of Parallel Hybrid Vehicles: from Global Optimization to Real-time Control Automatisierungstechnik 51 5 May 2003
- Bryson A. E. Ho Y. C. Applied Optimal Control Halsted 1975
- Rizzoni G. Guzzella L. Baumann B. M. Unified Modeling of Hybrid Electric Vehicle Drivetrains IEEE/ASME Transactions on Mechatronics 4 3 246 257 1999
- Sciarretta A. Guzzella L. Back M. A Real-time Optimal Vehicles Control Strategy for Parallel Hybrid Vehicles with On-board Estimation of Control Parameters Proc. of the IFAC Symposium on Advances in Automotive Control Salerno, Italy April 2004
- Wipke, K. B. Cuddy M. R. Burch S. D. ADVISOR 2.1: a user-friendly advanced powertrain simulation using a combined backward/forward approach IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology 48 6 1751 1761 1999