This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of Hybrid System for SUV
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 11, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Toyota Hybrid System (THS), that combines a gasoline engine and an electric motor was installed in the Prius, which was introduced in 1997 as the world's first mass-produced hybrid passenger car, and was vastly improved in 2003. The new Prius gained a status of highly innovative and practical vehicle.
In 2005, combined with a V6 engine, THS had a further evolution as a Hybrid System for SUV, which was installed in the RX400h and Highlander Hybrid to be introduced into the world.
This report will explain “new THS” which achieved both V8 engine power performance and compact class fuel economy, while securing the most stringent emission standard, SULEV.
|Technical Paper||Development of a Hybrid System for the V6 Midsize Sedan|
|Technical Paper||Development of the Intelligent Power Unit for the V6 Hybrid Midsize Sedan|
|Technical Paper||Development of a New Hybrid Transmission for FWD Sports Utility Vehicles|
CitationKimura, A., Ando, I., and Itagaki, K., "Development of Hybrid System for SUV," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-0273, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-0273.
- Muta Koichiro Yamazaki Makoto Tokieda Junji “Development of new-generation hybrid system THS II SAE 2004-01-0064
- Abe Shinichi “Development of the Hybrid Vehicle and its Future Expectation” SAE 2000-01-C042
- Okamura Masaki Satou Eiji Sasaki Shoichi “Development of Hybrid Electric Drive System Using a Boost Converter” EVS20 2003
- Nagata Shuuichi Umeyama Hiroya Kikuchi Yoshiaki Yamashita Haruyoshi “Development of a New Battery System for Hybrid Vehicles” EVS20 2003
- Takaoka Toshifumi Kotani Takeshi Abe Shinichi Ueda Tatehiko “Study of the Optimization between Engine and Hybrid Vehicle” Aachener Kolloquium Fahrzeug- und Motorentechnik 2003
- Toyota http://www.toyota.co.jp/IRweb/special_rep/thsII/ths2_1.html