This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of an Engine Stop/Start at Idle System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published April 11, 2005 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A project was undertaken to demonstrate an engine stop/start at idle system utilizing a 12 volt Belt driven Starter Generator (BSG). The system was developed on a production four cylinder vehicle to determine emissions, driveability, and fuel economy impact.
CitationPrucka, M., "Development of an Engine Stop/Start at Idle System," SAE Technical Paper 2005-01-0069, 2005, https://doi.org/10.4271/2005-01-0069.
- Tamai Goro Hoang Tony Taylor Joel Skaggs Christopher Downs Bob “Saturn Engine Stop-Start System with an Automatic Transmission” SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-0326 2001
- Henry Rassem R. Lequesne Bruno Chen Shaotang Ronning Jeffrey J. Xue Yanhong “Belt-Driven Starter-Generator for Future 42-Volt Systems” SAE Technical Paper 2001-01-0728 2001
- Itagaki Kenji Teratani Tatsuo Kuramochi Kohjiro Nakamura Seiji Tachibana Takeshi Nakao Hatsuo Kamijo Yusuke “Development of the Toyota Mild-Hybrid System (THS-M)” SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0990 2002
- O-hori Masae Tanei Katsutoshi Yano Yu-ichi Hayama Kenji Sako Shinji Ezoe Tomohiro “Engine Starting System Development by Belt Drive Mechanism” SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-1086 2002
- Henein Naeim A. Taraza Dinu Chalhoub Nabil Lai Ming-Chia Bryzik Walter “Exploration of the Contribution of the Start/Stop Transients in HEV Operation and Emissions” SAE Technical Paper 2000-01-3086 2000
- Kojima Masakiyo Osawa Koichi Inoue Toshio Takaoka Toshifumi “Highly Efficient Hybrid Minivan with Super Low Emissions” SAE Technical Paper 2002-01-0992 2002