This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Road Load Data Analysis (RLDA) Using Hurst: A New Approach
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published January 16, 2004 by The Automotive Research Association of India in India
Annotation ability available
Event: SIAT 2004
This paper introduces to Hurst methodology for the analysis of road load data. This is a new approach in which authors' have tried to find the relation between the Proving ground road data at different types road and speed. As it is necessary in durability test to know the distances to be measured i.e. short-term data, to give the representativeness of the long distance i.e. long term data. Effort has been made in this direction to find out how much of short-term data has to be collected to represent the long-term data.
- A.K. Verma - Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
- A. Srividya - Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
- K.J. Rathanraj - Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
- A.V. Mannikar - The Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI), Pune
- V.A. Pankhawala - The Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI), Pune
CitationVerma, A., Srividya, A., Rathanraj, K., Mannikar, A. et al., "Road Load Data Analysis (RLDA) Using Hurst: A New Approach," SAE Technical Paper 2004-28-0096, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-28-0096.
- Hurst H.E. 1951 ‘Long-term storage capacity of reservoirs’ American society of civil engineers transactions 116 2447 770 808
- Mandelbrot, B. Wallis J. 1968 ‘Noah, Joseph and Operational Hydrology’ Water Resources Research 4 909 918
- Mandelbrot, B. Wallis J. 1969 ‘Computer experiments with Fractional Gaussian Noises Part 1, 2, 3’ Water Resources Research 5 1969 228 267
- Mandelbrot, B. Wallis J. R. 1969 ‘Some long-run properties of geophysical records’ Water Resources Research 15 5 April 1969 321 340
- Mandelbrot, B. Wallis J. 1969 ‘Robustness of the rescaled range R/S in the measurement of non cyclic long run statistical dependence’ Water Resources Research 5 1969 967 988
- Feder, J. 1988 Fractals Plenum press New York
- weron Rafat 2002 ‘Estimating long-range dependence: finite sample properties and confidence intervals Physica A 312 285 299
- Murphy Ray W. 1982 “endurance testing of heavy duty vehicles” SAE Transactions, paper no. 820001
- Smith, K.V. Stornant, R.F 1979 “cumulative damage approach to durability route design” SAE technical paper no. 791033
- Saraf M.R Jambhale M.S 2003 “Effect of payload, road surface and speed of vehicle on durability” symposium of international automobile technology (siat2003) SAE paper No.2003-26-0033