This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Implementation and Tests of a Variable Control System of Spark Time Ignition, using Digital Signal Processor - DSP
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 16, 2004 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Electronic management system applied to Automotive Engineering is able to optimize the operation parameters for an Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) increasing their efficiency. The development of those systems is a multidisciplinary task that involves specialists from different areas that use, among other resources, high performance digital computers. The objective of this work is to present the implementation of a new variable control system of spark time ignition, controlled by computer, that uses a Digital Signal Processor (DSP) to optimize the spark advance curves of ICE's during the development in engine test bed. This work presents the implementation of the variable spark time ignition system and the comparative results, obtained during the development tests in dynamometer, between the implemented system and the original engine management used in the tests.
|Technical Paper||Life of Fuel in Engine Cylinder|
|Technical Paper||Research and Development of Microwave Plasma Combustion Engine (Part II: Engine Performance of Plasma Combustion Engine)|
- Marcos Antônio Severo Mendes - Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais - UFMG
- Ramón Molina Valle - Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais - UFMG
- Túlio Charles de Oliveira Carvalho - Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais - UFMG
- Fabrício José Pacheco Pujatti - Fundação Centro Tecnológico de Minas Gerais - CETEC
CitationPujatti, F., Mendes, M., Valle, R., and Carvalho, T., "Implementation and Tests of a Variable Control System of Spark Time Ignition, using Digital Signal Processor - DSP," SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-3441, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-3441.
- RIBBENS William B. Understanding Automotive Electronics Fourth Sams Publishing 1995
- HEYWOOD John B. Internal Combustion Engine Fundamentals McGraw-Hill Book Company 1998
- Automotive Electric/Electronic Systems BOSCH SAE 1st Germany 1988
- ASSOCIAÇÃO BRASILEIRA DE NORMAS TÉCNICAS “Veículos rodoviários - Código de ensaio de motores - Potência liquida efetiva” Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 1996 26
- ASSOCIAÇÃO BRASILEIRA DE NORMAS TÉCNICAS “Motores alternativos de combustão interna de ignição por compressão (Diesel) ou ignição por centelha (Otto) de velocidade angular variável - Ensaio - Método de ensaio” Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 1985 8
- Barros, J.E.M. Valle, R.M. Rodrigues, V.F. 2002 “Static and Quasi-static Test Procedures of Piston Engines” 9° Congresso Brasileiro de Engenharia e Ciências Térmicas Proceedings of the ENCIT 2002 Brazil Paper SAE 2002-306 10
- Plint, M. Marty, A. 1999 “Engine Testing - Theory and Practice” SAE International 2ª Warrendale, USA 363