This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Dynamics of an Articulated Towboat
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 16, 2004 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
It is considerable the number of research around the subject of motorization of conventional manual wheechairs, however the found models don't take care of the real necessities of the wheelchair users. In the manufacture the necessity of an independent vehicle for the load transport exists. With the increasing necessity in Brazil to develop the knowledge in the area of independent vehicles and not being still available a towboat of tests adjusted to approach such problems. The articulated towboat is an intelligent independent vehicle to tow loads. The users of conventional manual wheelchairs will go to use this vehicle when to need motorization, that is in ascent cases, descending of ramps, or long distances. This vehicle possesss practical applications that they can assist systems of support to the rehabilitation of physical and motor deficiencies and also systems automatized of manufacture. The purpose of this paper is to develop some important contribution in the area of independent vehicles in the aid for the people with special needs.
CitationAlvarenga, F. and Dedini, F., "Dynamics of an Articulated Towboat," SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-3364, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-3364.
- Alvarenga, F.B. Dedini, F.G. Analysis of the possibilities of the Conventional Wheelchairs Motorization Proceedings of COBEM 2001- XVI Brazilian Congress on Mechanical Engineering Uberlândia -MG, Brasil Nov. 26-30 2001
- Alvarenga, F.B. Desenvolvimento de sistemas de motorização alternativa para cadeiras de rodas convencionais Máster Thesis Faculty of Mechanical Engineering,. Unicamp Campinas,SP, Brazil 192 2002
- Haubenwallner, G. Drive motor, which is supplied by an energy source, for disk-shaped or wheel-shaped members with a control mechanism 4,773,495 September 27 1988
- Dudley, F.E.A. Motorized wheel September 30 1975
- Brudermann, et al. Chassis for invalid wheelchairs March 13 1984
- Jones, G.C. Kit for converting a hand-powered wheelchair to an electric motor-power wheelchair October 9 1990
- Garin, III et al. Wheelchair drive assembly November 10 1992
- Alvarenga, F.B. Dedini, F.G. Development of systems of alternative motorization for conventional wheelchairs SAE Technical Paper Series, 2003-01-3563-E Danvers, MA 1 10
- Rio de Janeiro 1985
- Jarosz, E. Determination of the workspace of wheelchair users International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics 17 123 133 1996
- Ferriere, L. et al. A Multibody Approach for Modeling Universal Wheels of Mobile Robots Mechanism and Machine Theory Pergamon 35 329 351 2000
- Campion, G. Bastin, B. Structural Properties and Classification of Kinematics and Dynamic Models of Wheeled Mobile Robot IEEE Trans. on Robotics and Automation 12 1 47 62 1996
- Sasi, S. et al. High mobility platform Technical Report of Department of Mechanical Engineering Adoor 2002