This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Reliability Models Fitting and Comparative Study of Accumulated Fault Curves of Roller Bearings
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 16, 2004 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A comparative study involving failure data of life tests of two bearings types is presented. In a first stage, the statistical distribution more adapted for the modeling of the failure process is selected. Soon after, the parameters of the distribution and the confidence intervals are estimate. The approximationed sample size is supplied in function of an interval with a magnitude and specific confidence level. Tests of hypotheses are used for several significant levels, rejecting or accepting the hypothesis of equality among the adjusted curves of accumulated failure to each bearing.
CitationMarques, D., Cavalca, K., and Mastaler, A., "Reliability Models Fitting and Comparative Study of Accumulated Fault Curves of Roller Bearings," SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-3290, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-3290.
- Bohoris, G. A. Parametric statistical techniques for the comparative analysis of censored reliability data: a review Reliability Engineering and System Safety 48 149 155 1995
- Bompas Smith, J. H. Mechanical Survival: the Use of Reliability Data London McGrawHill 1973 199
- Ebeling, C. E. An Introduction to Reliability and Maintainability Engineering McGraw-Hill 1997 486
- Lewis, E. E. Introduction to Reliability Engineering New York John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 1996 435
- Meeker, W. Q. Escobar, L. A. Statistical Methods for Reliability Data John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 1998 680
- Montgomery, D. C. Runger G. C. Estatística Aplicada e Probabilidade para Engenheiros Rio de Janeiro LTC Editora 2003 463
- Nelson, W. Applied Life Data Analysis New York John Wiley & Sons, Inc. 1982 634 Technometrics 42 n° 2 149 155 2000