This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Flight Characterization of Micro Air Vehicles Using Morphing for Agility and Maneuvering
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 2, 2004 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
CitationAbdulrahim, M., Boothe, K., Lind, R., and Ifju, P., "Flight Characterization of Micro Air Vehicles Using Morphing for Agility and Maneuvering," SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-3138, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-3138.
- Amprikidis M. and Cooper J.E., “Development of Smart Spars for Active Aeroelastic Structures,” AIAA-2003-1799, 2003.
- Blondeau J., Richeson J. and Pines D.J., “Design, Development and Testing of a Morphing Aspect Ratio Wing using an Inflatable Telescopic Spar,” AIAA-2003-1718.
- Bowman J., Sanders B. and Weisshar T., “Evaluating the Impact of Morphing Technologies on Aircraft Performance,” AIAA-2002-1631, 2002.
- Brenner M.J., Aeroservoelastic Modeling and Validation of a Thrust-Vectoring F/A-18 Aircraft, NASA-TP-3647, September 1996.
- Cadogan D., Smith T., Lee R. and Scarborough S., “In flatable and Rigidizable Wing Components for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles,” AIAA-2003-1801, 2003.
- Cesnik C.E.S. and Brown E.L., “Active Warping Control of a Joined-Wing Airplane Configuration,” AIAA-2003-1716, 2003.
- Davidson J.B., Chwalowski P., and Lazos B.S., “Flight Dynamic Simulation Assessment of a Morphable Hyper Elliptic Cambered Span Winged Configuration,” AIAA-2003-5301, August 2003.
- Ettinger S.M., Nechyba M.C., Ifju P.G., and Waszak M.R., “Vision-Guided Flight Stability and Control for Micro Air Vehicles,” Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, October 2002, pp. 2134-2140.
- Fleming G.A., Bartram S.M., Waszak M.R., and Jenkins L.N., “Projection Moire Interferometry Measurements of Micro Air Vehicle Wings,” Proceedings of the SPIE International Symposium on Optical Science and Technology, Paper 448-16, August 2001.
- Garcia H., Abdulrahim M., and Lind R., “Roll Control for a Micro Air Vehicle using Active Wing Morphing,” AIAA-2003-5347, August 2003.
- Grasmeyer J.M. and Keennon M.T., “Development of the Black Widow Micro Air Vehicle,” AIAA-2001-0127, 2001.
- Gregory I.M., “Dynamic Inversion to Control Large Flexible Transport Aircraft,” AIAA-98-4323, 1998.
- Ifju P.G., Jenkins D.A., Ettinger S.M., Lian Y., Shyy W., and Waszak M.R., “Flexible-Wing Based Micro Air Vehicles,” AIAA-2002-0705, January 2002.
- Iliff K.W., “Aircraft Parameter Estimation,” NASA-TM-88281, 1987.
- Johnston C.O., Neal D.A., Wiggins L.D., Robertshaw H.H., Mason W.H. and Inman D.J., “A Model to Compare the Flight Control Energy Requirements of Morphing and Conventionally Actuated Wings,” AIAA-2003-1716, 2003.
- Lian Y. and Shyy W., “Three-Dimensional Fluid-Structure Interactions of a Membrane Wing for Micro Air Vehicle Applications,” AIAA-2003-1726, April 2003.
- Ljung L., System Identification, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1987.
- de Marmier P. and Wereley N., “Morphing Wings of a Small Scale UAV Using Inflatable Actuators for Sweep Control,” AIAA-2003-1802.
- Nelson R.C. Flight Stability and Automatic Control Mc Graw Hill, Boston, MA, 1998.
- Parmalee P.J., “Skylarking,” Aviation Week and Space Technology, February 9, 2004, pp. 13.
- Parmalee P.J., “Skylark-Lite,” Aviation Week and Space Technology, May 10, 2004, pp. 13.
- Pendleton E.W., Bessette D., Field P.B., Miller G.D. and Griffin K.E., “Active Aeroelastic Wing Flight Research Program: Technical Program and Model Analytical Development,” Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 37, No. 4, 2000, pp. 554-561.
- Sanders B., Eastep F.E. and Forster E., “Aerodynamic and Aeroelastic Characteristics of Wings with Conformal Control Surfaces for Morphing Aircraft,” Journal of Aircraft, Vol. 40, No. 1, January-February 2003, pp. 94-99.
- Solter M.J., Horta L.G., and Panetta A.D., “A Study of a Prototype Actuator Concept for Membrane Boundary Control,” AIAA-2003-1736, April 2003.
- Stone R.W., and Hultz B.E., Summary of Spin and Recovery Characteristics of 12 Models of Flying Wing and Unconventional-Type Airplanes, NACA-RM-L50L29, March 1951.
- Taverna M.A., “Eurosatory,” Aviation Week and Space Technology, June 21, 2004, pp. 36.
- Tung S., and Witherspoon S., “EAP Actuators for Controlling Space Inflatable Structures,” AIAA-2003-1741, April 2003.
- Viieru D., Lian Y., Shyy W. and Ifju P., “Investigation of Tip Vortex on Aerodynamic Performance of a Micro Air Vehicle,” AIAA-2003-3597, 2003.
- Wall R., “Branching Out,” Aviation Week and Space Technology, March 8, 2004, pp. 53
- Wall R. and Taverna M.A., “Germany Prepared to Field New UAV,” AviationWeek and Space Technology, November 11, 2003, pp. 34.
- Waszak M.R., Davidson J.B., and Ifju P.G., “Simulation and Flight Control of an Aeroelastic Fixed Wing Micro Air Vehicle,” AIAA-2002-4875, August 2002.
- Waszak M.R., Jenkins L.N., and Ifju P.G., “Stability and Control Properties of an Aeroelastic Fixed Wing Micro Air Vehicle,” AIAA-2001-4005, August 2001.
- Wlezien R.W., Horner G.C., McGowan A.R., Padula S.L., Scott M.A., Silcox R.J., and Simpson J.O., “The Aircraft Morphing Program,” AIAA-98-1927, April 1998.