This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Neural Networks Contribution to Modeling for Flight Control
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 02, 2004 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Today, civil aviation is facing new challenges in nonlinear flight control design. Recent nonlinear control techniques offer solutions to these challenges but also bring the need for onboard models of numerical aerodynamics coefficients. The requirements on these potentially onboard models are very strong, since they must be accurate, reliable and compact to cope with aeronautical design's golden rules.
It appears that neural networks can meet the aeronautical requirements. However, the usual neural networks design tools are neither autonomous nor fast enough for standard industrial use. We developed integrated neural network identification software to create new automated tools needed for aeronautical industrial applications, such as architecture optimisation and maximum statistical error quantification.
CitationLavergne, F., Mora-Camino, F., Villaume, F., and Jeanneau, M., "Neural Networks Contribution to Modeling for Flight Control," SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-3133, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-3133.
- HAYKIN Simon Neural networks - A comprehensive foundation Prentice Hall 1994
- LINSE Dennis J. STENGEL Robert F. Identification of aerodynamic coefficients using computational neural networks Journal of guidance, control and dynamics Vol 16 No 6 November-december 1993
- MOODY John E. The effective number of parameters: an analysis of generalization and regularization in nonlinear learning systems Advances in neural information processing systems No 4 1992
- ANDERSON T DARLING DA A test of goodness to fit American statistical association journal Vol 49 12/54 pp 765 769 1954
- ISIDORI Alberto Nonlinear control systems Third Springer 1995
- MIQUEL Thierry MORA-CAMINO Félix LEVINE Jean Aircraft relative guidance: a flatness synthesis of a new autopilot mode 5 th USA/Europe seminar on air traffic management research and development Budapest June 2003
- ITO Daigoro WARD Donald T. VALASEK John Robust dynamic inversion controller design and analysis for the X-38 AIAA 2001-4380 2001
- MEYER George CICOLANI Luigi Application of nonlinear systems inverses to automatic flight control design - System concepts and flight evaluations AGARD AG-251 Theory and applications of optimal control in aerospace systems 1980
- REINER Jacob BALAS Gary J. GARRARD William L. Robust dynamic inversion for control of highly manoeuvrable aircraft Journal of guidance, control and dynamics Vol 18 No 1 January-February 1995
- SMITH Phill BERRY Andrew Flight test experience of a non-linear dynamic inversion control law on the VAAC Harrier AIAA-2000-3914 2000
- SNELL S. Antony ENNS Dale F. GARRARD William L. Nonlinear inversion flight control for a supermanoeuvrable aircraft Journal of guidance, control and dynamics Vol 15 No 4 July-august 1992
- SHEN T. J. MORA-CAMINO F. ACHAIBOU A. Nonlinear inverse control using neural networks for trajectory tracking COBEN/CIDIM-95 São Paulo, Brazil 1995
- SHARMA M. WARD D. Flight path angle control via neuro-adaptive backstepping American control conference Dayton 2002
- HAGELHAUER P. MORA-CAMINO F. A soft programming approach for on-line aircraft 4D-trajectory optimisation European journal of operational research vol 107 pp 87 95 1998
- CYBENKO G. Approximation by superposition of a sigmoïdal function Mathematics of control, signals and systems 2 303 314 1989
- RAIMBAULT Nathalie Statistiques et réseaux de neurones: applications à la modélisation et à l'optimisation du pilotage d'un avion civil Rapport de thèse 13 décembre 2001
- VILLAUME Fabrice Contribution à la commande des systèmes complexes: application à l'automatisation du pilotage au sol des avions de transport Thèse 2002