This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
The Effect of Forming Pressure on Springback in 2XXX Aluminum Alloys
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 02, 2004 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
In the aircraft industry, hydroforming is widely used to form parts using aluminum alloys in tempered condition T-XXXX. Success of this process depends on accurate springback prediction. The magnitude of springback and its variation is high in aluminum alloys in tempered condition T-XXXX. Process and material variability causes variation in springback. Wide range of pressures and press types in hydroforming process attribute to process variability. Forming pressures can be varied to control springback. This study looks at the effect of forming pressure on springback in hydroforming of aluminum alloy 2024-T3 and 2524-T3 in two most popular industrial hydropresses. The study forms the basis for developing a new model for springback prediction in the future.
|Technical Paper||PROBLEMS in WOOD AIRCRAFT|
|Technical Paper||Alcoa - Massena Operations: An Integrated Aluminum Aerospace Forging Stock Producer|
|Technical Paper||Lightweight Magnesium Composites for Automotive Applications|
CitationDatta, S. and Virginia, M., "The Effect of Forming Pressure on Springback in 2XXX Aluminum Alloys," SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-3112, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-3112.
- Shi, M.F. Zhang, L. “Issues Concerning Material Constitutive Laws and Parameters in Springback Simulations” Advances in Sheet Metal Stamping (SP-1435) International Congress and Exposition Detroit, MI March 1999
- Geng, L. Wagoner, R. “Springback Analysis with a Modified Hardening Model” Sheet Metal Forming: Sing Tang 25 th Anniversary Volume (SP-1536) SAE 2000 World Congress Detroit, MI March 2000
- Zhao, K.M. Lee, J.K. “Springback Prediction Using Combined Hardening Model” International Body Engineering Conference Detroit, MI October 2000
- Kulkarni, P. Prabhakar, S. “Influence of the Effect of Strain Rates on Springback in Aluminum 2024 (ISO AlCu4Mg1)” 4 th European LS-DYNA Users Conference Proceedings Ulm, Germany May 2003
- Moon, Y.H. Kang, S.S. Cho, J.R. Kim, T.G. “Effect of tool temperature on the reduction of the springback of aluminum sheets” Journal of Materials Processing Technology 132 1-3 Jan 10 2003 365 368 2003
- Qin, Z. Mallick, P.K. “A Study on the Bending Springback of Aluminum Alloy 5754” Advances in Lightweight Materials for Automotive Applications (SP-1735) 2003 SAE World Congress Detroit, MI March 2003
- “Metal is the key component” 2004 Alcoa January 28 2004 http://www.alcoa.com/aerospace/en/metal.asp