This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Active Vibration Damping for Off-Road Vehicles Using Valveless Linear Actuators
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 26, 2004 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper deals with the use of a displacement controlled linear actuator for active oscillation damping of off-road machine structure. Aim is the development of system solutions and control concepts for the simultaneous use of displacement controlled (valveless) hydraulic actuators basing on single rod cylinder for the active oscillation damping of off-road machine structure and for the control of the working hydraulics movement. Thereby, the productivity of the machine and the operator comfort will be improved.
- Robert Rahmfeld - Technical University of Hamburg-Harburg Institute for Aircraft Systems Engineering
- Monika Ivantysynova - Technical University of Hamburg-Harburg Institute for Aircraft Systems Engineering
- Bastian Eggers - Technical University of Hamburg-Harburg Institute for Aircraft Systems Engineering
CitationRahmfeld, R., Ivantysynova, M., and Eggers, B., "Active Vibration Damping for Off-Road Vehicles Using Valveless Linear Actuators," SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-2655, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-2655.
- Andersen, T. O. Hansen, M. R. 2003 Active Damping of Oscillations in Off Road Vehicles The 8th Scandinavian International Conference on Fluid Power (SICFP'03) 1073 1085 Tampere, Finland
- Berger, A. D. Patel, K. B. 1999 Active Ride Control System for Off-road Vehicles US Patent No. 5.897.287
- Bernzen, W. 1998 Active Vibration Control of Flexible Robots Using Virtual Spring-damper Systems Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems 24 1 69 88
- Burrows, C. R. Keogh, P. S. 1994 The active control of vibration International Union of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics: IUTAM Symposium Bath, UK
- Drake, F. J. Jaecks, B. K. 1991 Hydraulic Sys-tem for a Wheel Loader US Patent No. 5.195.864
- Frediani, S. Gianoglio, R. Weber, J. 2003 Elec-tro Hydraulic Active Ride Control 4 IFK (4th Int. Fluid Power Conference) 129 138 Dresden, Germany
- Hansen, M. R. Andersen, T. O. Conrad, F. 2002 Control of oscillations in hydraulically driven off-highway vehicles Bath Workshop PTMC2002 Bath, UK 81 94
- Hansen, M. R. Andersen, T. O. Nielsen, B. Conrad, F. 2002 Electro Hydraulic Hitch Control The 18th International Conference on Hydraulics and Pneumatics (ICHP03) 326 337 Prague, Czech Republic
- Hesse, H. 1995 Active oscillation damping for off road vehicles The 4th Scandinavian International Conference on Fluid Power (SICFP'95) 1152 1172 Tampere, Finland
- Hosseini, J. 1992 Automatic Ride Control US Patent No. 5.147172
- Kawaguchi, M. Maekawa, A. Kobayashi, N. Yoshimura, T. 1994 Study on Active Vibration Control of Arm for Construction Machinery (Modeling and Linear Control Simulation) JSME International Journal 37 1 678 684
- Latour, Ch. Biener, R. 2002 Comparison of active and passive oscillation suppression systems for wheel loaders 3 IFK (3rd Int. Fluid Power Conference) 2 101 112
- Michalowski, St. Sobczyk, A. 2003 Dynamic Effects in Mobile Manipulators with Hydraulic Systems The 1st International Conference on Computational Methods in Fluid Power Technology (sim2003) Melbourne, Australia.
- Orbach, A. Schubert, W. L. 1996 Active Roadability Control for Work Vehicles US Patent No. 5.884.204
- Patel, K. B. Lin, H. C. Berger, A. D. Farag, W. Khan, A. A. 1999 EDC Draft Force Based Ride Controller US Patent No. 6.196.327
- Rahmfeld, R. 2002 Development and Control of Energy Saving Hydraulic Servo Drives for Mobile Systems Doctoral thesis TU Hamburg-Harburg (Germany) 12 527 Düsseldorf: VDI-Verlag
- Rahmfeld, R. Ivantysynova, M. 2003 New Displacement Controlled Linear Actuator Technology - a Suitable Control Element for Active Oscillation Damping The 8th Scandinavian Inter-national Conference on Fluid Power (SICFP'03) 1139 1154 Tampere, Finland
- Rahmfeld, R. Ivantysynova, M. Weber, J. 2004 Displacement Controlled Wheel Loader - a simple and clever Solution 4 th IFK (Int. Fluid Power Conference) 183 196 Dresden, Germany
- Seiichi, M. 1994 Device and Method for Suppressing Vibration of a Working Machine EP Patent No. 0.747.797
- Ufheil, S. Rector, S. W. 1996 Programmable Ride Control US Patent No. 5.520.499
- Yamagata, E. 1993 Vibration Suppressing Control Device for Operation Device of Hydraulic Working Machine