This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Analysis and Simplification of Thermal Endurance Tests of NOx Storage-Reduction Catalysts
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 08, 2004 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Our two types of NOx storage-reduction (NSR) catalyst have been tested under various conditions of thermal endurance; the performance of these catalysts have been regressed to give the formulas that enable to estimate the performance after thermal endurance; and we have found the method to simplify (shorten the duration of) the thermal endurance tests and that the thermal deterioration of NSR catalysts is controlled by the worst condition of endurance (at least approximately). The regression formula for the amount of potassium that contributes to the catalyst performance (active K) after the endurance has also been obtained. These formulas predict that the amount of active K is the least for the worst condition of endurance and suggest a difference in deterioration mechanism that reflects the performance between low and high temperatures and the portion of worse deterioration (front or rear).
CitationKojima, S., Jimbo, T., Katoh, K., Miyashita, S. et al., "Analysis and Simplification of Thermal Endurance Tests of NOx Storage-Reduction Catalysts," SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-1496, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-1496.
- Hachisuka I. Hirata H. Ikeda Y. Matsumoto S. “Deactivation Mechanism of NOx Storage-Reduction Catalyst and Improvement of Its Performance” SAE paper 2000-01-1196
- Ikeda Y. Sobue K. Tsuji S. Matsumoto S. “Development of NOx Storage-Reduction Three-way Catalyst for D-4 Engines” SAE paper 1999-01-1279
- Miyoshi N. Matsumoto S. Katoh K. Tanaka T. Harada J. Takahashi N. Yokota K. Sugiura M. Kasahara K. “Development of New Concept Three-Way Catalyst for Automotive Lean-Burn Engines” SAE paper 950809
- Matsumoto S. Ikeda Y. Suzuki H. Ogai M. Miyoshi N. “NOx storage-reduction catalyst for automotive exhaust with improved tolerance against sulfur poisoning” Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 25 115 124 2000
- Kojima S. Baba N. Matsunaga S. Senda K. Katoh K. Takaaki Itoh “Modeling and Numerical Analysis of NOx Storage-Reduction Catalysts - On the Two Effects of Rich-Spike Duration” SAE paper 2001-01-1297
- “MODDE 5.0 User Guide and Tutorial” UMETRICS AB Sweden