This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Deformation and Reaction Force of a Rubber Gasket due to Buckling
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 08, 2004 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The buckling behavior of a rubber gasket section is investigated. Gasket deformation and reaction force is measured before and after buckling. These are found to be affected by the unsupported free length of the rubber section. A rectangular gasket section is used to analytically model the buckling behavior.
CitationSuzuki, K., Endo, T., Kameike, M., and Nakao, T., "Deformation and Reaction Force of a Rubber Gasket due to Buckling," SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-1035, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-1035.
- Hirano F. and Ishiwata H., I. M. E. Proceedings, 180-Part 3B, 1965
- Okamura T., Otsuka M., Suetsugu N., Ohta T., Ono S. and Nakamura K., SAE paper, 02-01-0662, 2002
- Timoshenko S. P. and Gere J. M., “Theory of elastic stability”, McGraw-Hill, 1961
- Ragab A-R. and Bayoumi S. E., “Engineering solid mechanics: fundamentals and applications”, CRC Press LLC, 1999
- Sperling L. H., “Introduction to physical polymer Science”, John Wiley & Sons, 1986
- Osswald Tim A. and Menges G., “Material Science of Polymers for Engineers”, Hanser Publishers, 1995