This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Deformation and Reaction Force of a Rubber Gasket due to Buckling
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 08, 2004 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
The buckling behavior of a rubber gasket section is investigated. Gasket deformation and reaction force is measured before and after buckling. These are found to be affected by the unsupported free length of the rubber section. A rectangular gasket section is used to analytically model the buckling behavior.
CitationSuzuki, K., Endo, T., Kameike, M., and Nakao, T., "Deformation and Reaction Force of a Rubber Gasket due to Buckling," SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-1035, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-1035.
- Hirano F. Ishiwata H. I. M. E. Proceedings 1965
- Okamura T. Otsuka M. Suetsugu N. Ohta T. Ono S. Nakamura K. SAE paper, 02-01-0662 2002
- Timoshenko S. P. Gere J. M. “Theory of elastic stability” McGraw-Hill 1961
- Ragab A-R. Bayoumi S. E. “Engineering solid mechanics: fundamentals and applications” CRC Press LLC 1999
- Sperling L. H. “Introduction to physical polymer Science” John Wiley & Sons 1986
- Osswald Tim A. Menges G. “Material Science of Polymers for Engineers” Hanser Publishers 1995