This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Influence of System Components and Parameters on Headlamp Performance
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 08, 2004 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Headlamp performance is typically discussed as a characteristic of the individual headlamp. Parameters like homogeneity, light volume, range and spread of the light pattern are measured and evaluated. However, to assess the headlamp performance relevant for the driving situation, the complete headlamp system as it is mounted, aimed and driven in the car must be the subject of the evaluation.
The foundations for the headlamp performance are laid out during the development process of the headlamp. Here the characteristics important for the performance have to be weighed against other aspects, mainly styling and costs. In this paper the system components and other parameter are discussed regarding their impact on the performance of the headlamp.
|Technical Paper||Formulation of Robustness in a CAE Design Model|
|Technical Paper||Development of a Mobile Deformable Barrier as a Car Surrogate|
|Technical Paper||Computation of Minimum Achievable Fuel Consumption for Serial Hybrids|
CitationBoebel, D., "Influence of System Components and Parameters on Headlamp Performance," SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-0666, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-0666.
- HAMM, M. Headlamp Performance Specifications: A Summary of New and Comprehensive Evaluation Methods PAL.Progress in Automobile Lighting 2001
- VÖLKER, S. KLEINKES, M. WÖRDENWEBER, B. Headlamp Rating System SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-0927
- MOELLER, N. Design Aspects and Headlamp Performance - The Left and Right Headlamp are not the same PAL.Progress in Automobile Lighting 2003
- DAMASKY, J. Lichttechnische Entwicklung von Anforderungen an Kraftfahrzeugscheinwerfer TH Darmstadt 1995
- ORTH, P. Scheinwerfer-Reinigungssysteme PAL.Progress in Automobile Lighting 1995
- WÖRDENWEBER, B. Headlamps under wear and tear PAL.Progress in Automobile Lighting 1997
- Foese, K. Einstellbarkeit und Einstellung von Kraftfahrzeugscheinwerfern Technische Hochschule Darmstadt 1996
- KORMANYOS, CH. M. HID Systems with Adaptive Vertical Aim Control SAE Technical Paper 980003
- Huhn, W. Influence of Dynamic Car Parameters on Lighting: -Position of the Cut-Off Line in Real Traffic, - Headlamp Voltages in Real Traffic PAL.Progress in Automobile Lighting 1999