This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Rapid Prototyping ECU of a SI Engine with Fuel Injection and Ignition Control
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 08, 2004 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents the application of rapid prototyping electronic control unit (ECU) to fuel injection and ignition control of electronic fuel injection motorcycle engine by using Model-Based environment. As a scene on state of the art, it is famous accepted that the MATLAB Model-Based environment is an efficient development platform for engine management systems (EMS). These come from several benefits: (1) System level design environment, (2) Real-time simulation, and (3) Model to chip technology during rapid prototyping ECU development process. Therefore, this research uses these advantages to study the rapid prototyping controller (RPC) of a SI engine for decreasing time and cost requirements of development process. The target vehicle is a scooter with a four-stroke 125 cc. single cylinder engine. A systematic architecture of EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection) by using Motorola MC68376 micro-controller is utilized as a master controller and MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow as software kernel to design the control strategy of ignition timing and fuel injection. The engine test results show that this RPC is an efficient tool and easy to obtain better engine performance.
CitationTsai, G., Wu, Y., Chen, B., and Chuang, H., "Rapid Prototyping ECU of a SI Engine with Fuel Injection and Ignition Control," SAE Technical Paper 2004-01-0419, 2004, https://doi.org/10.4271/2004-01-0419.
- Lobaza, A. “Automotive Real-Time Control Systems Engine Control Using a MC68332,” SAE Paper 891647 1989
- Spreng, M.D. “Rapid Prototyping for Automotive System Development,” SAE Paper 950572 1995
- Lukich, M.S. et al. “Rapid Prototyping of Control Strategies for Embedded Systems,” SAE Paper 951197 1995
- Beaty, K. “Calibrating Powertrain Control Systems with 32-bit ECUs,” SAE Paper 2000-01-1244 2000
- Lukich, M.S. “Rapid Prototyping of Embedded Systems,” SAE Paper 971558 1997
- MC68336/376 User's Manual from http://www.mot-sps.com
- Spectrum Engineering website from http://www.spectrumengineering.com
- Erkkinen, T.J. “Software Life-Cycle Costs and Solutions.” SAE Paper 1999-01-2845 1999
- Amato, G. Köster, L. “High Performance Code Generation for Audo, an Automotive μController from Infineon Technologies,” SAE Paper 2000-01-0393 2000
- Wagener, A. et al. “Model-Based Drivetrain Development and Rapid Prototyping for a Hybrid Electric Car,” SAE Paper 2001-01-3422 2001