This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Visualization of the Flow Inside the Transfer Channels of Small Two-Stroke Cylinders
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 16, 2003 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A method is presented which allows the investigation of the flow inside the cylinder and the transfer channels of small two-stroke cylinders under the condition of an expanded time scale by using the similarity laws. A test rig has been designed to incorporate the application of visualization techniques as well as quantitative measurement systems like LDV or PIV. The results obtained by this method are needed to understand the complex nature of the three-dimensional flow inside the cylinder and can be used to verify CFD calculations. Moreover, modifications can be applied to the model in an easy and fast manner, which enables the designer to examine various versions during the early stage of the development process.
CitationStuecke, P., Egbers, C., and Geyer, W., "Visualization of the Flow Inside the Transfer Channels of Small Two-Stroke Cylinders," SAE Technical Paper 2003-32-0008, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-32-0008.
- Stuecke et al. Development of an Electronically Controlled Carburetion System to Reduce the Exhaust Emissions of Small IC Engines for Handheld Power Tools 2002 Kyoto SAE 2002-32-1844
- Rosskamp et al. Scavenge Loss Mechanisms and Their Driving Forces in Loop-Scavenged High-Performance Two-Stroke Engines 2001 Pisa SAE 2001-01-1826/4247
- Zierep Ähnlichkeitsgesetze und Modellregeln der Strömungslehre 2 Auflage 1982 G. Braun Verlag Karlsruhe
- Dedeoglu Modelluntersuchungen zur Spülung und Gemischbildung in einem Verbrennungsmotor 1968 Blum + Good Winterthur
- Blair Design and Simulation of Two-Stroke Engines 1996 SAE R-161 Warrendale
- Görtler Dimensionsanalyse 1975 Springer Verlag
- Merzkirch Flow Visualization 2 nd 1987 Academic Press London
- Werlé et al. Ablösung flüssiger Strömung und Bildung von wirbelbehafteten Zonen (Movie) 1960 Institut für den Wissenschaftlichen Film Göttingen
- Benteyin et al. Engine Scavenging Optimization 2002 Kyoto SAE 2002-32-1843