This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
FE Simulations of Motorcycle~Car Frontal Crashes, Validation and Observations
Published May 19, 2003 by National Highway Traffic Safety Administration in United States
The ISO 13232 document recommends a set of 3 frontal impact test configurations between the motorcycle (MC) and the car (also known as the opposing vehicle, or OV). This paper reports Finite Element (FE)-based simulations of the above-mentioned frontal impacts for the OV and their detailed analysis. The simulations have been carried out in PAMCRASH. The kinetics of the crash simulation has been matched with the Full Scale Test (FST) conducted at Japan Automobile Research Institute (JARI) The simulations indicate the sensitivity of the different parameters in the various MC-OV impact configurations.
- A. Chawla - Indian Institute of Technology
- S. Mukherjee - Indian Institute of Technology
- D. Mohan - Indian Institute of Technology
- Dipan Bose - Indian Institute of Technology
- Prakash Rawat - Indian Institute of Technology
- M. Sakurai - Japan Automobile Research Institute
- T. Nakatani - Japan Automobile Research Institute