This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Experimental Investigation on the Modal Characteristics of an Off-Road Competition Vehicle Chassis
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 18, 2003 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents the results of an experimental modal analysis performed on a prototype chassis of an off-road competition vehicle. The vehicle was designed by the Mini Baja EESC-USP team for the annual competition promoted by SAE Brasil. The goal of this experimental modal analysis is to validate a finite element model of the chassis, in order to develop a flexible multibody dynamic model of the complete vehicle. A preliminary finite element modal analysis of the test article was carried out in a free-free boundary condition. A random signal was used for FRFs acquisition. A multimode identification algorithm was used to acquire the system's modal parameters. Based on this information a swept sine was employed for mode shapes identification.
- Maíra Martins da Silva - Escola de Engenharia de São Carlos - USP
- Leopoldo Pisanelli R. de Oliveira - Escola de Engenharia de São Carlos - USP
- Luis Gustavo Sigward Ericsson - Escola de Engenharia de São Carlos - USP
- Álvaro Costa Neto - Escola de Engenharia de São Carlos - USP
- Paulo Sérgio Varoto - Escola de Engenharia de São Carlos - USP
Citationda Silva, M., de Oliveira, L., Ericsson, L., Neto, Á. et al., "An Experimental Investigation on the Modal Characteristics of an Off-Road Competition Vehicle Chassis," SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-3689, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-3689.
- Benini, G.R. Oliveira, L.P.R. Marques, F.D. Varoto, P.S. “Experimental modal analysis of a wing type of structure” IX - DINAME Florianópolis, Brasil 2001
- Ewins, D. J. 2000 Modal Testing: Theory, Practice and Application 2nd Research Studies Press Ltd.
- Kortüm, W. Sharp, R.S. 1991 A Report on the State-of-Affairs on “Application of Multibody Computer Codes to Vehicles System Dynamics” Vehicle System Dymanics 20 177 184 1991
- Levy, E. C. 1959 Complex curve fitting IRE Trans. Autom. Control 37 43
- Varoto, P. S. 1991 78 84