This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Parametric Design of Series Hybrid Power-train for Transit Bus
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published November 10, 2003 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Utilizing the developed off-line simulation model of series hybrid power train the study on the influence of components' parameters on acceleration performance and fuel economy of transit bus is completed. Based on these the guideline strategies of parametric design of series hybrid power train for transit bus are brought forward in this paper. Given the condition of propulsion requirement the parametric design for this transit bus are performed targeting minimizing fuel consumption. It is conclusion that the appropriate components' parameters determined by means of parametric design can make series hybrid transit bus achieve much better acceleration performance and much lower fuel equivalent consumption than that of baseline transit bus.
|Technical Paper||Eddy Current Couplings for Mild Hybrid Trucks|
|Technical Paper||Energy Management Strategy and Parametric Design for Hybrid Electric Transit Bus|
|Technical Paper||Parametric Design of Parallel Hybrid Power-train for Transit Bus|
CitationChu, L., Wang, Q., Liu, M., and Li, J., "Parametric Design of Series Hybrid Power-train for Transit Bus," SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-3371, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-3371.
- Chu Liang Wang Weihua Wang Qingnian Energy Management Strategy and Parametric Design for Hybrid Electric Military Vehicle SAE 2003-01-0086
- Chandler Kevin Walkowicz Kevin Eudy Leslie New York City Transit Diesel Hybrid-Electric Buses: Final Results DOE/NREL Transit Bus Evaluation Project July 2002
- O'Keefe Michael Patrick Vertin Keith An Analysis of Hybrid Electric Propulsion Systems for Transit Buses Milestone Completion Report, NREL/TP-540-32858 June 2002
- Chu Liang Wang Qingnian Energy Management Strategy and Parametric Design for Hybrid Electric Transit bus SAE 2001-01-2506
- Chu Liang Li Youde Wang Qingnian Study on the Parametric Optimization for a Parallel Hybrid Electric Vehicle Power Train SAE 2000-01-3109
- Chu Liang Li Youde Wang Qingnian Study of the Electric Control Strategy for the Power Train of Hybrid Electric Vehicle Proceedings of IEEE International Vehicle Electronics Conference ChangChun, P. R. China Sept. 1999
- Hybrid-Electric Transit Buses: Status, Issues, and Benefits TCRP Report 59 NATIONAL ACADEMY PRESS Washington, D.C. 2000