This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Aviation Data Integration System
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 08, 2003 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
A number of airlines have FOQA programs that analyze archived flight data. Although this analysis process is extremely useful for assessing airline concerns in the areas of aviation safety, operations, training, and maintenance, looking at flight data in isolation does not always provide the context necessary to support a comprehensive analysis.
To improve the analysis process, the Aviation Data Integration Project (ADIP) has been developing techniques for integrating flight data with auxiliary sources of relevant aviation data. ADIP has developed an aviation data integration system (ADIS) comprised of a repository and associated integration middleware that provides rapid and secure access to various data sources, including weather data, airport operating condition (ATIS) reports, radar data, runway visual range data, and navigational charts. Research challenges associated with integrating the various sources of aviation data stem from the significant volume and transient nature of the data, as well as from difficulties correlating data across multiple sources.
|Technical Paper||Design of Crew Rest Quarters|
|Technical Paper||Insight Gained from Analysis of Windshear Related Accidents and Incidents|
|Journal Article||Concept for an Avionics Multi Touch Flight Deck|
CitationKulkarni, D., Wang, Y., Keller, R., Windrem, M. et al., "Aviation Data Integration System," SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-3009, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-3009.
- Flight Operational Quality Assurance Program, Code of Federal Regulations, Title 14, Volume 1, Section 13.401 2003
- The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) February 28 2003 http://www2.faa.gov/avr/afs/afs200/afs230/asap/
- Aviation Performance Measuring System (APMS) 2003 http://human-factors.arc.nasa.gov/projects/ihs/aviationperf.html
- Aviation Performance Measuring System (APMS) June 24 2003 http://www.aerospace.nasa.gov/library/chicago/apms.htm
- SkySource Login June 24 2003 http://www.skysource.net/servlet/LoginServlet
- NOAA National Data Centers Subscription Login June 24 2003 http://ols.ncdc.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/nndc/gensub.cgi
- June 24 2003 ftp://weather.noaa.gov/data/observations/metar/cycles
- Surface Weather Observations and Reports 1995 Federal Meteorological Handbook (FMH) Number 1
- Manual on Codes International Codes 1995 World Meteorological Organization, WMO-No. 306
- Performance Data Analysis and Recording System (PDARS) June 24 2003 http://avsp.larc.nasa.gov/images_asmm_PDARS.html
- Runway Visual Range (RVR) June 24 2003 http://rvr.fly.faa.gov
- Jeppesen Home Page June 24 2003 http://www.jeppesen.com/wlcs/index.jsp