This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Challenges in Fabrication of Polymer Nanocomposites (PNCs)
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published September 08, 2003 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
As is the case for conventional composites, the key to the performance of polymer nanocomposites is the quality of dispersion of the nano-reinforcement and the interfacial interaction between the matrix and the reinforcement phase. Optimization of these properties requires various special and complicated treatments, which are not always easy to determine. The aim of this paper is to give some examples of the application of different approaches to both thermoset and thermoplastic polymer nanocomposites, fabricated by different means, such as solution, melt-processing, and in-situ polymerization.
CitationTon-That, M., Denault, J., and Cole, K., "Challenges in Fabrication of Polymer Nanocomposites (PNCs)," SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-2914, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-2914.
- Alexandre M. Dubois P. Materials Science and Engineering 28 1 63 2000
- Utracki L. A. Kamal M. R. Arabian J. Sci. Eng. 27 44 2002
- Messersmith P. B. Giannelis E. P. Chem. Mater. 1994 6 1719 1725
- Lan T. Kaviratana P. D. Pinnavaia T. J. J. Phys. Chem. Solids 1996 57 1005 1010
- Brown J. M. Curliss D. Vaia R. A. Chem. Mater. 2000 12 3376 3384
- Zerda A. S. Lesser A. J. J. Polym. Sci., Polym. Phys. 2001 39 1137 1146
- Butzloff P. D'Souza N. A. Golden T. D. Garrett D. Polym. Eng. Sci. 2001 41 1794
- Kornmann X. Lindberg H. Berglund L. A. Polymer 2001 42 1303 1310
- Chin I.-J. Thurn-Albrecht T. Kim H.-C. Russell T. P. Wang J. Polymer 2001 42 5947 5952
- Ton-That M.-T. Cole K. C. Hoa S. V. Shen D. Proc. Fourth Joint Canada-Japan Workshop on Composites Vancouver BC, Canada Sept. 19-21 2002 491 499