This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
A New Approach for Numerical Fatigue Life Prediction of Parts or Systems with Seam Welds
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published October 27, 2003 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Recently, LMS has developed a new approach for fatigue life prediction of seam welds, which automatically combines quite accurate solid element based techniques with fast shell element-based structural analysis. Pre-modeled welded joint details are delivered in a user-extensible library, which is combined with regular shell element meshes as used in the transportation industries. Detection of the seam welds in the structure is mostly automatic.
This new approach is implemented in LMS Virtual.Lab, the integrated environment for functional performance engineering.
|Technical Paper||Prediction of Thickness Reductions from Fatigue Properties of High Strength Steels|
|Technical Paper||Improving Fillet Weld Fatigue Performance by Improving Weld Shape|
|Technical Paper||Resistance Welding Aluminum for Automotive Production|
- Volker B. Koettgen - LMS International, Luxemburger Str. 7, 67657 Kaiserslautern, Germany
- Frank Zingsheim - LMS International, Luxemburger Str. 7, 67657 Kaiserslautern, Germany
- Michael Hack - LMS International, Luxemburger Str. 7, 67657 Kaiserslautern, Germany
- Michael Speckert - LMS International, Luxemburger Str. 7, 67657 Kaiserslautern, Germany
CitationKoettgen, V., Zingsheim, F., Hack, M., and Speckert, M., "A New Approach for Numerical Fatigue Life Prediction of Parts or Systems with Seam Welds," SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-2772, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-2772.
- Fatigue Analysis of Welded Connections based on Local Stresses Koettgen V.B. Olivier R. Seeger T. Darmstadt Conference EXPERT'91 Essen 21 February 1991
- Anthes R.J. Koettgen Volker B. Seeger T. 1993
- Anthes R.J. Koettgen Volker B. Seeger T. 1994
- Improvement in the Fatigue Strength of Fillet Welded Joints by Use of the New Welding Electrode Kobayashi K. Matsumote S. Tanaka M. Funakoshi T. Sakamoto N. 1977
- Olivier R. Köttgen V.B. Seeger T. Frankfurt 1989