This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development and Validation of Logic Threshold Control Algorithm for Parallel Hybrid Power Train
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published June 23, 2003 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Logic threshold control algorithm for parallel hybrid electric power train is presented systematically, in which engine operation points are limited within higher efficient area by logic threshold control algorithm targeting fuel economy. The off-line simulation model of parallel HEV power train is developed which includes sub-models of logic threshold control system and controlled objective (such as engine, electric motor, battery pack and so on). The debug and validation of logic threshold control algorithm is completed on developed modular test facility. The results show that the simple and practical logic threshold control algorithm can effectively limited engine operation points and much more fuel economy can be achieved than that of conventional ICE power train.
- Minghui Liu - R&D Center, FAW Group Corporation of China
- Ziliang Zhao - R&D Center, FAW Group Corporation of China
- Liang Chu - Department of Automotive Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Jilin University
- Qingnian Wang - Department of Automotive Engineering, Faculty of Engineering, Jilin University
CitationChu, L., Wang, Q., Liu, M., and Zhao, Z., "Development and Validation of Logic Threshold Control Algorithm for Parallel Hybrid Power Train," SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-2312, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-2312.
- Chandler Kevin Walkowicz Kevin Eudy Leslie New York City Transit Diesel Hybrid-Electric Buses: Final Results DOE/NREL Transit Bus Evaluation Project July 2002
- Liang Chu Qingnian Wang Energy Management Strategy and Parametric Design for Hybrid Electric Military vehicle SAE 2001-01-2748
- O'Keefe Michael Patrick Vertin Keith An Analysis of Hybrid Electric Propulsion Systems for Transit Buses Milestone Completion Report, NREL/TP-540-32858 June 2002
- Liang Chu Qingnian Wang Energy Management Strategy and Parametric Design for Hybrid Electric Transit bus SAE 2001-01-2506
- Liang Chu Qingnian Li Youde Wang Study on the Parametric Optimization for a Parallel Hybrid Electric Vehicle Power Train SAE 2000-01-3109
- Liang Chu Qingnian Li Youde Wang Study of the Electric Control Strategy for the Power Train of Hybrid Electric Vehicle Proceedings of IEEE International Vehicle Electronics Conference ChangChun, P. R. China Sept. 1999
- Hybrid-Electric Transit Buses: Status, Issues, and Benefits TCRP Report 59 NATIONAL ACADEMY PRESS Washington, D.C. 2000