This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
An Optimization Tool for Exhaust System Design With Respect to Tail Pipe Noise Reduction
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published May 05, 2003 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Faurecia has developed a numerical tool which allows an automatic optimization of an exhaust line with respect to tailpipe harmonic noise. An optimizer pilots an in-house acoustic software in order to find the exhaust line configuration which fulfills the targets on the two first harmonics. The optimization method as well as the acoustic prediction tool are presented in this paper. Then, two examples of application of the methodology are detailed.
|Technical Paper||Optimization of an Exhaust System Double-Muffler to Mono-Muffler|
|Journal Article||Advanced Computational Aero-Acoustic Simulation of Complex Automotive Exhaust Systems|
|Technical Paper||Sound Synthesis for an Engine Air Induction System|
CitationBoudoy, M. and Jaskulski, J., "An Optimization Tool for Exhaust System Design With Respect to Tail Pipe Noise Reduction," SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-1646, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-1646.
- Munjal, M.L. 1987, “Acoustics of ducts and mufflers with application to exhaust and ventilation system design”, A Wiley-interscience publication
- Glover, F. 1989, “Tabu Search, Part I”, ORSA Journal of Computing, Vol. 1, nº3, pp. 190-206
- Glover, F. 1990, “Tabu Search, Part II”, ORSA Journal of Computing, Vol. 2, nº1, pp. 4-32
- França, P.M. Gendreau, M. Laporte G. and Müller, F.M. 1995, “The m-Travelling Salesman Problem with Minmax Objective”, Transportation Science, Vol. 29, nº3, pp. 267-275
- Gendreau, M. Hertz A. and Laporte, G. 1991, “A Tabu Search Heuristic for the Vehicle Routing Problem”, Research report CRT-777, Centre de Recherche sur les Transports.
- Braglia M. and Melloni, R. 1995, “Tabu Search for Single Machine Sequencing Problem with Ready Times”, INRIA/IEEE Symposium on Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation, Tome 2, Paris, France
- Taillard, E. 1990, “Some Efficient Heuristic Methods for the Flow Shop Sequencing Problem”, European Journal of Operational Research, nº47, pp. 65-74
- Connor, A.M. Seffen, K.A. Parks G.T. and Clarkson, P.J. 1999, “Efficient Optimization of Structures using Tabu Search”, 1st ASMO UK/ISSMO Conference on Engineering Design Optimization, pp. 127-133
- Hu, N. 1992, “Tabu Search Method with Random Moves for Globally Optimal Design”, International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, Vol. 35, pp. 1055-1070
- Glover, F. 1995, “Tabu Search Fundamentals and Uses”, Research report, US West Chair in Systems Science, University of Colorad
- Jaskulski, J.-Y. 2001, “Contribution à la définition d'outils d'aide à la modélisation : Application au choc latéral de véhicule automobiles”, PHD Thesis, Ecole Centrale Paris.