This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
TSAM-Truck Driver Seating Accommodations Model
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 03, 2003 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Driver positioning and seating-accommodations tool development started in the 1960s (Devlin & Roe 1968). Since that time, passenger car and heavy-duty truck workspace tools have developed to be important vehicle engineering processes. Passenger-car Driver Selected Seat Position research has continued as an ongoing SAE project. However, driver-positioning studies for heavy-duty trucks have not received equal attention. Consequently, this meta-analysis combines both passenger car and truck workspace tools as considerations for a heavy-duty truck driver selected seat position model. Discussion of occupant packaging applications during vehicle development focuses on experimental design and multi-dimensional packaging.
CitationSmythe, L., "TSAM-Truck Driver Seating Accommodations Model," SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-0952, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-0952.
- Bradtmiller, B. Gross, M.E. 2000 Human Body Size for Truck Design Technical Paper Number 2000- 01-3404 Warren Dale, PA Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc
- Chapanis, A. 1988 Some Generalizations About Generalization Human Factors, 1988, 30 (3), 2 53-2 67 Human Factors Society, Inc., Box 1369 Santa Monica, CA 90406
- Devlin, W. A. Roe, E. W The Eyellipse and Considerations in the Drivers Forward Field Of View SAE 680105 Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc New York NY 10017
- Flannagan, C. A. C. Manary, M. A Schneider, L. W Reed, M. P 1998 An Improved Seating Accommodation Model With Application To Different User Populations SAE 980651 Society Of Automotive Engineers, Inc Warrendale, PA 15096-0001
- Greig, J. A. 1999 A Systems Approach to Achieving Harmony Technical Paper 1999-01-1266 Warren Dale, Pa Society Of Automotive Engineers, Inc.
- Mark, L. S. Nemeth, K. Gardner, D. Dainoff, M. J. Paasche, J. Duffy, M. Grandt, K. 1997 Postural Dynamics and the Preferred Critical Boundary for Visually Guided Reaching Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance January 1997 23 5 1365 1379 1997 by the Educational Publishing Foundation
- Mourant, R. R Pak, T Moussa-Hamouda, E Dynamic Eye Positions by Vehicle Type. Final Report of the Second Generation Eyellipse Project Motor Vehicle Manufacturers Association of the United States, Inc From the Department of Industrial Engineering and Operations Research, Wayne State University Detroit, Michigan 48202 May 1978
- Nicoletti, R. Umilta, C. Splitting Visual Space With Attention Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance February 1989 15 1 164 169 the American Psychological Association
- Payne, D. G. Blackwell, J. M 1997 Toward A Valid View of Human Factors Research: Response To Vicente (1997) Human Factors, 1997, 39 (2), 3 29-3 31 Human Factors And Ergonomics Society P.O. Box 1369, Santa Monica, CA 9 0406-1369
- Philippart, N. L. Roe, R. R. Arnold, A. A. Kuechenmeister, T. J. Driver Selected Seat Position Model Technical Paper 840508 Warren Dale PA Society Of Automotive Engineers, Inc
- Reed, M. P. Scheinder, L. W. 1999 Investigating Driver Headroom Perception: Methods and Models Technical Paper 1999-01-0893 Warren Dale Pa Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc
- Reed, M.P. Lehto, M.M Schneider, L. W. Methods for Laboratory Investigation of Truck and Bus Driver Postures SAE 2000-01-3405 Society of Automotive Engineers, Inc Warrendale, PA 15096-0001
- Sanders, M. S U.S. Truck Driver Anthropometric and Truck Workspace Data Survey CRG/TR-83/002, Final Report January 1983, Canyon Research Group, Inc. Westlake Village, CA 91361-2691 Submitted To: Society Of Automotive Engineers, Inc Warrendale, PA 15096
- Sanders, M. S Shaw, B. E. Female U.S. Truck Driver Anthropometric and Truck Workspace Data Survey Final Report May 1984 ESSEX Corp. Westlake Village, CA 91361-2691 Society Of Automobile Juniors, Inc Warrendale, PA 15096
- Sanders, M. S. Shaw, B. E U.S. Truck Driver Anthropometric and Truck Workspace Data Survey: Sample Selection and Methodology SAE 852315 Warrendale, PA Society Of Automotive Engineers Inc 1985
- Vernoy, M. W. Tomerlin, J. 1989 Pedal Error and Misperceived Centerline in Eight Different Automobiles Human Factors, 1989, 31 (4), 3 69-3 75 Human Factors Society, Inc Box 1369, Santa Monica, Ca 90406
- Vicente, K.J, 1997 Heeding the Legacy of Meister, Brunswick, and Gibson: Toward A Broader View of Human Factors Research Human Factors, 1997, 39 (2), 323-3 28 Human Factors And Ergonomics Society P.O. Box 1369, Santa Monica, CA 90406-1369
- Zehner, G.F. Meindl, R.S Hudson, J.A. A Multivariate Anthropometric Method for Crew Station Design (U) Armstrong Laboratory Crew Systems Directorate, HSC, AFMC Wright-Patterson AFB OH 45433-7022