This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Modelling and Calculations of FF Automotive Ellipsoidal Asymmetrical Headlamps with MPXL Discharge Lamps
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 03, 2003 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
This paper presents the mathematical and lighting models of the FF (Free Form) ellipsoidal projector with an MPXL discharge light source. The use of models based on “elementary reflection” has been suggested for lighting calculations. The light intensity in the specific direction of projector's space has been determined by the “reverse ray test”, which makes possible determination of the shape of the “Figure of The Bright Points” and luminance distribution inside the figure. The procedures presented below facilitate development of computer programs for projector modelling and calculations.
|Utilizing CFD for Thermal Analysis of a Prototype HID Fog Lamp
|A Generic Model for the Robust Design of Snap-Fit Wheelcaps
|ACTIVE NIGHT VISION - ENHANCEMENT OF THE DRIVER’S VIEW BY INFRARED HEADLAMPS
CitationMazur, J., "Modelling and Calculations of FF Automotive Ellipsoidal Asymmetrical Headlamps with MPXL Discharge Lamps," SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-0931, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-0931.
- Hogrefe H. Neumann R Simulation of Light Distribution - A New Method for Development of Future Headlamp Systems ATZ Automobiltechnische Zeitschrift 93 7 8 1991 Stuttgart, Germany
- Mazur J. Modelowanie Urz dzeń Samochodowej Techniki wietlnej (Modelling and Light Distribution Calculations of Vehicle Variable Focus Reflectors 2002 Poland
- Mazur J. Warszawa 1994 Poland
- Mazur J. W. Bosk R. Automotive Headlamps: Calculation of Light Distribution Lighting Research & Technology 2 27 London 1995
- Mazur J. Light Distribution Calculations of the Vehicle Headlamps with MPL Discharge Source of Light Archiwum Elektrotechniki PAN 3 XLVII Warszawa. Poland 1998
- Trembac, V. V. Light Devices Moskva, Russia 1972