This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Simulation of Transient Heat Transfer for Coupling 3-D Moving Component System Within Internal Combustion Chamber
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 03, 2003 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
Transient heat transfer computer program of the coupling 3-D moving piston assembly-lubricant film-liner system is successfully developed for predicting the distribution of temperatures in the component system, in which the finite element technology has been employed. The heat transfer relation of the moving piston assembly-lubricant film-liner has been established and 3-D discrete model of the system is obtained with the hypothesis of thinking the lubricant film as 1-D heat resistance. The discrete models of single component are assembled into the whole coupling model with the coupling theory. Some appropriate ways have been employed to deal with the moving arrays in the stiffness matrix because of the moving boundary conditions. The software has been employed to analyze a gasoline engine.
CitationWanli, Y., Guohua, C., Chunfa, W., Xiaoming, Y. et al., "Simulation of Transient Heat Transfer for Coupling 3-D Moving Component System Within Internal Combustion Chamber," SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-0617, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-0617.
- Shiming Yang Wenquan Tao Heat transfer Beijing Higher Education Press 1998
- More T Edward F Effect of insulation strategy and design parameters on diesel engine heat rejection and performance SAE paper 1985 3.753 3.767
- Dennis N Edward B Transient heat conduction in low-heat-rejection engine combustion chambers SAE paper 1987 870156 4.82 4.92
- Rakopoulos C.D. Mavropoulos G.C. Modeling the transient heat transfer in the ceramic combustion chamber walls of a low heat rejection diesel engine International Journal of Vehicle Design 1999 22 3 4 195 215
- Guohua Chen Heywood J. B. Numerical analysis of unsteady heat transfer in coupling system of combustion chamber Journal of Huazhong University of Science and Technology 1987 15 4 25 32
- Minli Bai Shengqang Shen Progress of complete model simulation research on heat transfer of internal combustion engines Transactions of CSICE 2000 18 1 96 99
- Liu Yong Reitz R.D. Modeling of heat conduction within chamber walls for multidimensional internal combustion engine simulations International Journal of Heat Mass Transfer 1998 41 6-7 859 869