This content is not included in your SAE MOBILUS subscription, or you are not logged in.
Development of a Hydrocarbon Adsorption Filter
ISSN: 0148-7191, e-ISSN: 2688-3627
Published March 03, 2003 by SAE International in United States
Annotation ability available
On the LEV II EVAP regulations, it will become significantly important for an Air Intake System to reduce Diurnal Breathing Loss. Therefore, the authors have developed an air cleaner, which has a function to adsorb evaporative emissions using an activated carbon filter. It contributes to satisfy the LEV II and PZEV regulations for useful life span 15years. The characteristics of this filter are high adsorption performance and low flow restriction.
- Kunitaka Maeda - TOYODA BOSHOKU CORPORATION
- Kouichi Oda - TOYODA BOSHOKU CORPORATION
- Minoru Honda - TOYODA BOSHOKU CORPORATION
- Shinsuke Kiyomiya - TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION
- Takashi Nishimoto - TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION
- Tokio Ooi - CATALER CORPORATION
- Yuji Mochizuki - CATALER CORPORATION
- Naoya Kato - NIPPON SOKEN, INC.
- Masaki Takeyama - NIPPON SOKEN, INC.
CitationMaeda, K., Oda, K., Honda, M., Kiyomiya, S. et al., "Development of a Hydrocarbon Adsorption Filter," SAE Technical Paper 2003-01-0565, 2003, https://doi.org/10.4271/2003-01-0565.
- Itakura Hideaki Kato Naoya Kohama Tokio Hyoudou Yoshihiko Murai Toshimi “Studies on Carbon Canisters to Satisfy LEVII EVAP Regulations” SAE Paper No. 2000-01-0895
- Haskew Harold M. Cadman William R. “Evaporative Emissions Under Real Time Conditions” SAE Paper No. 891121 1989
- Haskew Harold M. Codman William R. Liberty Thomas F. “The Development of a Real-Time Evaporative Emission Test” SAE Paper No. 901110 1990
- Haskew Harold M. Cadman William R. Liberty Thomas F. “Real-Time Non-Fuel Background Emission” SAE Paper No. 912373 1991
- Urbanic J. E. Oswald E. S. Wagner N. J. Moore H. E. “Factors Affecting the Design and Breakthrough Performance of Evaporative Loss Control Systems for Current and Future Emission Standards” SAE Paper No. 890621 1989
- Johnson H. R. Williams R. S. “Performance of Activated Carbon in Evaporative Loss Control System” SAE Paper No. 902119 1990
- Grisanti Ames A. Aulich Ted R. Knudson Curtis L. “Gasoline Evaporative Emissions - Ethanol Effects on Vapor Control Canister Solvent Performance” SAE Paper No. 952748 1995
- Payne Michael E. Segal Jack S. Newkirk Matthew S. Smith Lawrence R. “Use of Butane as an Alternative Fuel Emission from a Conversion Vehicle Using Various Blends” SAE Paper No. 952496 1995
- Johnson Philip J. Jamrog James R. Lavoie George A. “Activated Carbon Canister Performance During Diurnal Cycles: An Experimental and Modeling Evaluation” SAE Paper No. 971651 1997
- Johnson Philip J. Khami Roger J. Bauman Jeffry E. Goebel Thomas D. Clark Vernon L. Hirt David L. Luft Paul J. “Carbon Canister Development for Enhanced Evaporative Emissions and On-Board Refueling” SAE Paper No. 970312 1997
- Lockhart Marek C. “Predicting Tank Vapor Mass for On-Board Refueling Vapor Recovery” SAE Paper No. 970308 1997
- Lavoie George A. Johnson Philip J. Hood Jeffry F. “Carbon Canister Modeling for Evaporative Emissions: Adsorption and Thermal Effects” SAE Paper No. 961210 1996